Turn on thread page Beta

How much are exam fees for distance learning? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im re- doing GCSE english via distance learning to get a better grade.Does anyone know rougthly what the exam fees would be for it?

I have heard it is around £600 to sit distance learning A level exams.I hope this is not the case.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think the exams are pretty cheap. When I did A-level maths by distance learning, the course was £300 and the exams were £40 a module. I'd imagine its still something like £40 to sit the GCSE and £40 a module for the A-level: certainly nowhere near the £600 you heard.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend contacting AQA who will provide you with a list of centres that accept private candidates. It is cheaper this way than doing it via distance learning, although with distance learning you are more likely to get more learning resources.

ReputationRep:
    You can't just read A level books and take the exams can you.You need to do some kind of course, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't need to do any course: you just need to go to the exam board website for the subject you are doing, find the info on private candidates, and ring them up and ask for an exam centre near you

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.