GLS Training Contract applications (2019) Watch

Garmin1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Garmin1)
Only 3 weeks to apply this year, usually it's the whole month. Hoping it's third time lucky for me.

I have just called the recruitment team with a query and the advisor started rambling about the AA and asked me what job I was interested in with the AA. I explained that my question was about Government Legal Trainee contracts and they gave me a telephone number 0117 923 4417 to call.

This was, er, the number I had called in the first place.

I told them that and they said that I had come through to the wrong team (?????) before hanging up when I asked to speak to a manager!!!

Looks like the Government Legal Profession is now sponsored by the AA. Which is just as well because the system seems to have broken down!!!
To all those thinking of using the legendary SJT key that was circulating, there is important news.

The order of the questions was changed this morning, but this will only affect those who are starting fresh applications from today. The questions will still be the same for everyone, but the proverbial key (probably now owned by half the population) will work for only those who started their application prior to the change. For everyone else, it is the new order though I don't know why people just don't crack on and do the test anyway??

How do I know all this? Well, I finally got through on the 0117 number today with my question about one of the application form sections to be told that there has been a right royal stink about this whole shambolic SJT mess. Even the staff there can't understand why the managers sat on it for so long.

I for one was just glad I hadn't got through to the RAC!!!
Droog96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, had that as well. Within about an hour of the answers being changed, and then again late last night.

But really not difficult to work up a new key if all they have done is just re-arrange the same questions, because many (myself included) would have made a copy of their application form anyway?

Oh dear.

(Original post by VeeVeeLee)
It is becoming a joke, Ive just had another email, suppose that was always going to happen, the change was just a reorder of the Q's but the answers are exactly the same and in the same order. no leak this time, just someone did a screenshot of the original Q's so they had a record of the original order.

On this one Q's 3. and 14. are the 2 Q's with Least only.
I reckon their going to have to write some new Q's or disguise the answers, who knows where will the madness end??
Ho hum, my application is already in, thank god!
Submit reply
VeeVeeLee
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Its like they are rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic!
(Original post by Droog96)
Yes, had that as well. Within about an hour of the answers being changed, and then again late last night.

But really not difficult to work up a new key if all they have done is just re-arrange the same questions, because many (myself included) would have made a copy of their application form anyway?

Oh dear.

Submit reply
VeeVeeLee
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
Interesting statement on the main GLS site

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/s...trainee-scheme

not sure what 'robust' means if by the following day a new (3rd) answer key was already widely circulating??:confused:
Snookered
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 hours ago
That is a piss poor statement. They must either wave all of us through to the VRT or start the process again.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
VeeVeeLee
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
agreed. can't see how their 'solutions' can have resolved the problems?seems to be too little, too late.

Your right though, they either need to scrap the SJT test stage, or start again with a new test.
VeeVeeLee
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
its been like:

Q1: What colour is grass? A - Green, B - Red, C -Blue D- Purple

and then the answers leak out so you say, aha we'll change it to:

Q4: What colour is grass? A - Green, B - Red, C -Blue D- Purple

oh hang on, theyve all realized that Q1 is now Q4 . Erm, ah ive got it:

Q8: What colour is grass? A - Red, B - Blue, C - Purple D- Green

Yeh, that will fox em

(Original post by VeeVeeLee)
agreed. can't see how their 'solutions' can have resolved the problems?seems to be too little, too late.

Your right though, they either need to scrap the SJT test stage, or start again with a new test.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.42%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.77%

Watched Threads