HSBC taking ages!!! Watch

fredmcbob
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey there, just looking for opinions really.
The thing is i applied for the HSBC student account online ages ago. Afterwards I received a letter with all the forms also telling me to take my personal details (passport, acceptance letters etc.) into my local branch, which i did.
This was at least 2 weeks ago now and I was told they would contact me soon.

I was just wondering, how long did it take for anyone else opening the account? Am i worrying for no reason?

Thanks
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't like HSBC (sorry, not relavant)

It shouldn't really take that long. Have you called them recently?
lincs_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
HSBC take ages, you have to bother them constantly.
mattclements
Report 10 years ago
Lloyds TSB all the way!

But they shouldnt take long - bug them.

Matt
Rob 07
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Please dont mention HSBC, i opened the student account purely for the £15 with the intention of then closing it a week later so i applied online and got the letter asking me to take the ID documents into branch which i did, but then the branch lost the photocopies of them so i got £20 compensation the £15 was in my accounnt a week later then a few days later i sent them a nice letter asking to close the account so all in all £35 better off!

In answer to your question they are really slow - if you complain a manager gets in contact with you and all of sudden things start happening so if it takes much longer send them a nice email and the account should be opened a few days later

Hope this helps
Rob
joeydeacon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mattclements)
Lloyds TSB all the way!

But they shouldnt take long - bug them.

Matt
I agree with statement about LLoyds TSB, I'm with Nationwide (standard current account) but i was with TSB for around 10 years and never had one prob, so that has influenced my decision when choosing a student account for Sept..
fredmcbob
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated. I may have to have a quick peek at Lloyds TSB just as everyone seems to like it.
Once again thanks y'all
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay about from free rail cards/ipods etc what are the real benefits of opening a student account? Perhaps I am being a wee bit slow here
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (353)
45.55%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (240)
30.97%
I don't have an opinion (182)
23.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed