Primary Education PGCE or Schools Direct application 2020 Watch

JStrachan111111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, just to give some background- I am currently studying at the University of Brighton doing Physical Education. I have plans to apply for either Primary PCGE or Schools Direct (haven't quite decided yet). But... my question is... does anyone know about how strict the entry requirements are? I have achieved higher than the grades needed for GCSE English and Mathematics; however, I failed CORE Science (I got a D) but I achieved a grade C in Additional Science. Will this have any affect on my application? Thanks!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not sure exactly what the rules are on this, but the good news is that there is a Science GCSE equivalence qualification that people who want to be a primary teacher can take- I think your best bet would be to contact unis and ask them if you meet the entry requirements as you are, and if not, then you can plan to take the equivalency qualification. You can receive a conditional offer, so you can apply whilst working towards this qualification.

BTW, you can initially apply to 3 ITT courses, so you can apply to schools direct and PGCE courses if you want to.
JStrachan111111
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ah perfect, thank you so much!!!
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
I'm not sure exactly what the rules are on this, but the good news is that there is a Science GCSE equivalence qualification that people who want to be a primary teacher can take- I think your best bet would be to contact unis and ask them if you meet the entry requirements as you are, and if not, then you can plan to take the equivalency qualification. You can receive a conditional offer, so you can apply whilst working towards this qualification.

BTW, you can initially apply to 3 ITT courses, so you can apply to schools direct and PGCE courses if you want to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads