sweetietweetie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Does anyone think that Cambridge's stance on resits will change considering the change to linear a levels because their policy is more relevant to the modular a levels:

While it’s becoming less common to be able to resit exams, should the opportunity be available your application is unlikely to be adversely affected by your resitting one or two modules – we appreciate that even very capable students may have a ‘bad day’ when an exam doesn’t go quite to plan.

However, there would be concern about your potential to be successful at Cambridge if you needed to resit numerous exams, particularly if only a marginal improvement could be achieved. This is because once at the University, students are regularly assessed by exam and there's no opportunity to resit any exams (with the exception of professional qualifying examinations in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine).

You should state your intention to resit any exams in your SAQ. Where there are particular reasons for underperformance in qualifications it’s useful if these can be outlined in the school/college reference. In some cases, it may be appropriate for your school/college referee to complete an Extenuating Circumstances Form.

What do you guys think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads