Want more information about this university?
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We’re ready to help you with Clearing

We know you must be feeling nervous if you’re waiting for your results and we understand you might be worried or confused about Clearing and Adjustment.

But we’re here to help! We’ve put together some Clearing FAQs below, which are questions from students just like you.

If you want to know anything else, let just let us know and we’ll do our best to help.

Good luck everyone!

University of Huddersfield Official Reps,

Julie, Sophie and Harriette

Clearing and adjustment

What is Clearing?
Clearing is the way you can apply to a university (between 5 July and 23 October) if you’re not already holding an offer from a university or college - and the course still has places.
You can use Clearing if you’re applying after 30 June, if you didn’t receive any offers (or don’t want to accept the ones you received), or if you didn’t meet the conditions of your offers.

What is Adjustment on UCAS?
Adjustment is a chance for you to reconsider where and what to study if you have met and exceeded the conditions of your original offer. If you’ve had a conditional firm choice accepted (and therefore this has been made into an unconditional firm choice) you could, potentially, swap your place for one on another course you prefer.

If you try Adjustment but you don't find anything, you'll still keep the course you were originally accepted onto. Your original unconditional firm choice will be safe while you're looking for another, you'll only lose it if you confirm you'd like to go elsewhere.

Adjustment is available from 15 August to 30 August 2019. It's entirely optional, and a lot of competitive courses will be full - but other applicants might have missed their conditions or swapped a course too, so it's worth seeing what's available.

You'll see the option to register in UCAS Track. If originally you only applied for one course for the reduced fee of £13, you'll have to pay the additional £11 to be able to apply to more courses.

Once I have my grades, what’s next?
Log-on to UCAS Track and check if you have been accepted by either your first or your second choice university. Some universities may also send you a text message and/or email.

A decision on your place might be outstanding if you’re still awaiting GCSE results, or other results included in the conditions of your offer, or the university has yet to update UCAS Track.

How will I know of I’ve been accepted by a university?
Log on to UCAS Track and check if you have been accepted by either your first or your second choice university.

How long does it take for UCAS to update with offers?
UCAS Track will update once the university makes a decision.

If you’re holding a place pending exam results, once these have been received and you have met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed.

If you have referred yourself in Clearing, already have your exam results and have been verbally offered a place this will appear in UCAS Track as an unconditional offer once the university has checked and processed your referral.

I didn’t get my predicted grades – what should I do?
First of all, log-on to UCAS Track and check if you have been accepted by either your first or your second choice university. If you are not holding any offers, you’ll automatically be in Clearing.

To get offers from other universities, you’ll need to check the vacancy listings on the UCAS website and decide which course(s) and universities you’re interested in.

Once you have made a shortlist, call the universities you’re interested in. You may also wish to contact your school or college for some support and advice.

How do I apply for a place through Clearing at Huddersfield?
Call our Clearing team on 0330 123 2277 to have a chat about what you can do next. We’ll ask you for some information including your exam results.

If we have space on the course you’re interested in and your results are suitable, we’ll transfer you to an Admissions Tutor who will talk with you and decide whether or not to offer you a place.

I’ve been given an offer on the phone, but I haven’t received any confirmation. How long does this take?
You should receive an email confirming you have been made an offer and what you need to do next. If not, please contact [email protected]

How do I confirm/accept my Clearing offer?
Log-on to UCAS Track and Click 'Add Clearing choice' and fill in the course details by the date the university/college gave you on the phone. This counts as you definitely accepting the offer, so if they confirm it'll show as an acceptance on the choices page of UCAS Track and we'll send you a Confirmation letter.

You can only add one choice at a time, but if the university/college doesn't confirm your place, you'll be able to add another.

Please only add a Clearing choice once you have permission from the university or college to do this.

Do I need to evidence that I achieved my A Level grades?
The University receives A Level results via UCAS automatically, so there is no need to provide evidence until enrolment when you may be asked to provide evidence.

How long is a Clearing offer open for?
Clearing places are awarded on a first come, first served basis. Your Clearing offer will only remain open while we have places available so we recommend you accept your offer of a place by using the 'Add Clearing choice' option on UCAS Track as soon as possible.

How do I decline an offer?
It’s not possible to decline an offer during Clearing. If you change your mind about where you want to study, please email us at [email protected]

I've changed my mind about the course I want to study. What do I do??
If you change your mind about what course you want to study, we will need to check if the course you’re interested in has a place available and if you have the correct grades and subjects for that course. Please email the Student Recruitment Team at [email protected]

My details are incorrect - who do I contact?
Please email [email protected] so we can arrange for your details to be updated.

Interviews and Clearing Admissions Day

How do I prepare for an interview?
Get there at least 15 minutes early, make sure you know where you’re going and that you have contact details in case there is a problem.

Research your course and the university thoroughly beforehand – why have you chosen to study this course? What particularly interests you?

Make sure you read over your Personal Statement as you will probably be asked about it.

Prepare a list of questions about the course and the university.

Read around the subject you are applying for, including newspaper articles and professional publications.

Try to relax and be yourself!

Can I still come to the Clearing Admissions day if I’m waiting to be released from another University?
Yes, you are welcome to come along, booking isn’t necessary.

Can I bring my parents/family or friends with me to Clearing Admissions Day?
Yes of course, bring as many people as you like.

Accommodation

How can I apply for accommodation?
Visit our accommodation pages to find out more about accommodation options in Huddersfield.

Fees and Finance

How do I apply for student finance?
Visit the Student Loans Company website for full information on how to apply for student finance.

How do student loans work?
Please visit the Student Loans Company website for full information on student finance. You can also read more on the University’s Fees and Finance webpages.

Do you offer scholarships?
Please visit our scholarships page to find out about undergraduate scholarships at the University of Huddersfield.

If you’d like to know anything else about Clearing at Huddersfield, you can visit our website, email us at [email protected] or post below.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
32.54%
No - I have already returned home (15)
11.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (26)
20.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (10)
7.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.98%

Watched Threads