PGCE Liverpool hope interview Watch

Astarr97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have an interview next week for pgce history and was wondering how the day goes etc and how to prepare. How do they asses your subject knowledge and what is the presentation? Am I meant to go in with something? Also the presentation to show challenges of teaching ks3? I don’t know what that would be or how to prepare
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Astarr97)
I have an interview next week for pgce history and was wondering how the day goes etc and how to prepare. How do they asses your subject knowledge and what is the presentation? Am I meant to go in with something? Also the presentation to show challenges of teaching ks3? I don’t know what that would be or how to prepare
Hello Astarr97, :bird:

It is great to hear you have an interview with ourselves. :five:

It will be good to check out the information on the national curriculum websites to show you are up to date on the current subject. Your interview email should explain anything you should need to bring along with you. If you have been asked to bring an item or artifact, this can be anything that means something to you or an item you can talk about. (For example students in the past have brought a book that inspired them to become teachers, or a world map which showed their love for travel, or a notepad they used during their revision for exams).

You would need to do a bit of research to look at the challenges surrounding KS3. You could perhaps link this to the funding issues or perhaps the actual curriculum.

I would not worry about the day as our staff will be there to encourage you and to not trip you up. As long as you do a bit of revision on the subject.

You would need to double check the email to see exactly what sort of presentation you are required to create and present. If you still have questions after this, then please let us know.

Cheers,
Tom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (148)
17.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.91%
No I am happy with my course choice (498)
59.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise