The Student Room Group

Student Finance Question

Hey.

So in 2017/18 I did a foundation year at Bristol uni ...
In 2018/19 I did the first year (Passed both)

However this September I wanted to go to another Uni, and start from Year 1, due to the previous Uni not being very good and too far.

Would Finance fund this, or not ? I've applied but i'm not sure if i'll need to contact them separately or not. The course for this September is 3 years. Thankyou! I'm panicking like crazy.
Original post by MordMo
Hey.

However this September I wanted to go to another Uni, and start from Year 1, due to the previous Uni not being very good and too far.

Would Finance fund this, or not ? I've applied but i'm not sure if i'll need to contact them separately or not. The course for this September is 3 years. Thankyou! I'm panicking like crazy.

i think you'd have to start from second year to have funding.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
i think you'd have to start from second year to have funding.

Am I completely screwed then? Nothing I can do? Damn, I really messed up this part of life
Reply 3
Would you not contact second uni and see if they would take you for second year.
Reply 4
Also contact sfe and ask them what situation instead of panicking
Original post by Scotney
Would you not contact second uni and see if they would take you for second year.
Reply 5
They offered it, but I didn't pass one of my modules from the first year at the previous Uni, so ...

Also the course is slightly different so starting in year 2 would put me too far behind

Will contact SFE tomorrow, thankyou!

Original post by Scotney
Reply 6
No probs goodluck!
Original post by MordMo
They offered it, but I didn't pass one of my modules from the first year at the previous Uni, so ...

Also the course is slightly different so starting in year 2 would put me too far behind

Will contact SFE tomorrow, thankyou!
Reply 7
.Thanks for the help. SF agreed to fund the extra year, due the circumstances of the situation!
Original post by Scotney
No probs goodluck!
Reply 8
Oh so glad for you!Thank you for the update and I hope all goes well next year.Now go and enjoy the summer!
Original post by MordMo
Hey.

Hi there,

If you are looking to go start a new course and have studied previously then in order to calculate your entitlement we would do our previous study calculation. Our previous study calculation is as follows: New Course + Additional Year - Previous Study = Entitlement. If you are looking to do a 3 year course in September your calculation would be: 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years entitlement left, these would be applied on year 2 + year 3 of the course. As a result it would mean you would need to self fund your tuition fees for year 1 unless you have extenuating circumstances also known as Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) where we can look to award you an extra year of tuition fee support.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending