Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this a front office or middle office or back office position??

ReputationRep:
    Not part of the FO/MO/BO structure (much like Compliance, or HR).

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright then

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a job description?

ReputationRep:
    This job title doesn't make any sense and is far too vague and inspecific. You are going to have to give us more informattion before we can tell you if it is FO.

ReputationRep:
    its derivatives.... so it is part of the F/M/B structure.

but as everyone pointed out, its too vague. i'd say, it MO. but thats purely because they've whacked 'business' in there, which to me says that its not sales/trading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    its derivatives.... so it is part of the F/M/B structure.

but as everyone pointed out, its too vague. i'd say, it MO. but thats purely because they've whacked 'business' in there, which to me says that its not sales/trading.
    Mate the keywords there are 'business analyst'. So no, it's not part of the structure.

ReputationRep:
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................ ..........................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯ `*-,............................... .....
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllll*-,............................... ...
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll.\....... ..........................
    .............;*`llllllllllllllll lllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\.......... ......................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllll llllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\llllllllllllllll lllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,.................. ........
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)...................... ....
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\ .................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\......................... ..)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|........ ......\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

ReputationRep:
    Nice artwork.

ReputationRep:
    Back/Middle office role... the first bit of the title simply states the products your group is supporting. BA's sometimes are usually regarded as a separate entity sometimes, but for the purpose of simplicity (and to perhaps bracket the salary expectations, which is probably the reason for questioning it in the first place) it can be grouped with Back/Middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_87)
    Back/Middle office role... the first bit of the title simply states the products your group is supporting. BA's sometimes are usually regarded as a separate entity sometimes, but for the purpose of simplicity (and to perhaps bracket the salary expectations, which is probably the reason for questioning it in the first place) it can be grouped with Back/Middle.
    I'd second that. If I had to classify them, they'd be MO. Quite often, they sit on the trading floor with the rest of the FO and MO (risk managers, etc).

ReputationRep:
    They are usually part of technology, i.e. they analyze business need and communicate requirements to technologists. So basically an interface between the technology staff and the business units.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.