Cheap car insurance Watch

reecesmith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Anyone know of any cheap car insurance companies that you are with. I am 17 year guy who just passed today, lowest ive been able to get it down to is £1034 with a milage and speed blackbox but to be honest i dont really want a blackbox because at the end of the day im bound to speed at some point.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by reecesmith)
... at the end of the day im bound to speed at some point.
...hence why your insurance is expensive.
reecesmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
its just facts, everyone speeds at some point just wondering if there was a place that anyone has had experience with that does it relatively cheap.
(Original post by Drewski)
...hence why your insurance is expensive.
ErykJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Insurance won't be cheap for a first time driver, without a blackbox I am looking at 2-3k for an aygo without a box...
Anyone know of any cheap car insurance companies that you are with. I am 17 year guy who just passed today, lowest ive been able to get it down to is £1034 with a milage and speed blackbox but to be honest i dont really want a blackbox because at the end of the day im bound to speed at some point.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 2 weeks ago
£1034 isn't bad for the first year for a 17 year old. Can you stomach the black box for a year at least? How much more is it without the black box?

There is no miraculous "cheap insurance" option unfortunately.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Car insurance for young drivers isnt cheap.
I dont blame you for not wanting a black box though.
KBPL3601
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
£1034? Wow, that's cheap for 17. My first quote was £1400, with blackbox and an awful company. Don't go with Smart Wheels.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
reecesmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Managed to get it cheap with admiral by doing some multicar policy and by somehow linking my families house insurance into Admiral also as they initially were quoting close to 2000 - so that's some advice to those getting their first years insurance.
(Original post by KBPL3601)
£1034? Wow, that's cheap for 17. My first quote was £1400, with blackbox and an awful company. Don't go with Smart Wheels.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that's cheap - take it.

blackbox suck, but its just for a year.
reecesmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yh i ended up doing it that day, now just need to build up my no claims and it will reduce over the following years.
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
that's cheap - take it.

blackbox suck, but its just for a year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads