Turn on thread page Beta

Ex is threatening to get me 'help' watch

ReputationRep:
    [I'm a big girl now and this isn't going to be anonymous]

To cut a long story short my boyfriend and i have been on and off dating since november.

Yesterday he decided to tell me that he had slept with someone else and that it was 'better' because they just clicked. He also told me how he had cheated before, and i discovered it was on the same night that he had gotten angry at me for refusing sex.

Well, after he told me, i needed some time alone so i went into the forest area of our college (we both live in accomodation at college) and i cried my little heart out. It was the most painful feeling ever and made me want just curl up and die. Anyway, whilst i was out there i needed someone to talk to and i had been made to promise by my boyfriend that i would tell know-one of what he did. So, i decided to talk to an invisible animal friend i had once had as a child...

I really don't know i suddenly just brought him back, but i did... Anyway, someone heard me in the forest sobbing and asking why he would do this to me when i loved him so much and what not.

And somehow he knows about me talking to myself. He's now threatening to get me 'help'. I have suffered from schizophrenia in the past, but this had nothing to do with that.

I'm just terrified that if he tells any of the college staff that i will be booted out of accomodation and will consequently not be able to complete my course.

I really don't know what to do...
    I guess i should go and tell him to his face that i don't need help, but everytime i'm around him i have to put on my happy face and pretend this isn't effecting me at all, when its all i can do to not curl, vomit and die.

Whenever i read other threads about girls and guys being 'heartbroken' i always presumed it wouldn't actually hurt.
    But, my god, this hurts more than anything that has ever happened to me.

And it hurts so much, because he was my 'first time' and also the first guy i ever trusted (sexually) due to having being sexually assaulted as a young child.

Why did people who say they love you throw it back in your face?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's a total ****** and you're far better off without him. Do you have a brother who can go and beat him up or something? otherwise a flat palm to the base of his nose will make you feel a whole lot better lol ... Seriously though some blokes are *******s, just gotta learn to recognise them early on.

Good luck Josh

PS invisible friend thing ... who cares??? I've heard of stranger

ReputationRep:
    Ex boyfriend is a prick. ignore.

ReputationRep:
    He seems like a right tosser. I'd steer well clear of him if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore him.

The talking to your invisible 'friend' isn't strange either - it's a way for you to revert back to childhood when you didn't have that issue and feel happier.

He's probably just using it as a threat to get the attention away from what a bad person he is.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I feel terrible for you. First he does that to you, now he wants to add insult to injury by getting you "help" you don't need!? Everyone does things to get over a breakup (mine when I was 13 was constantly singing the all american rejects song "swing swing" all through the night which I'm sure some would have tried to get me help for doing so...) and it seems he is being cruel and vindictive and trying to give himself an excuse to break up with you (persuading himself you're "mad" in this case).

No one will kick you out of accommodation and I reckon if he does get anyone, they'll either laugh in his face, or talk to you and realise you're fine.

You did amazingly to get over the sexual assault that happened, and you'll be able to trust again. There are so many lovely guys out there that this freak deserves to be ignored and maybe thought about with scorn from time to time. But that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Next time he brings it up, just tell him that you don't need help, that it was a one-off because you were upset about something bad that's happened. It's not all that uncommon either.

Sounds really ****ty though, I hope you feel better/cope with it somehow, no matter what helps. You haven't done anything wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean *affecting

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him. Even if he does tell college staff they would not stop you doing your course or kick you out of your accomodation, so stop worrying about that.

And oh you poor hon =[ If your animal friend comforted you as a child then I see no reason why you couldn't have brought him back as of now. It's slightly differnet but whenever I was really upset when I was younger I sucked my thumb, as a comfort thing. I stopped this when I was 11 but even now if I get really really upset I'll still do it. If it makes you feel better, you do what you have to do.

He honestly sounds like such a **** and you deserve so much better. More fool the next girl who falls for him. As much as it hurts, sometimes you need to let them go. And you do.

It's a really nice day today. Open your window, put on some happy music and get your friends to do something today. You could go for a picnic to the park? Do anything fun

ReputationRep:
    kick = in the nuts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -adalia-)
    [I'm a big girl now and this isn't going to be anonymous]

To cut a long story short my boyfriend and i have been on and off dating since november.

Yesterday he decided to tell me that he had slept with someone else and that it was 'better' because they just clicked. He also told me how he had cheated before, and i discovered it was on the same night that he had gotten angry at me for refusing sex.

Well, after he told me, i needed some time alone so i went into the forest area of our college (we both live in accomodation at college) and i cried my little heart out. It was the most painful feeling ever and made me want just curl up and die. Anyway, whilst i was out there i needed someone to talk to and i had been made to promise by my boyfriend that i would tell know-one of what he did. So, i decided to talk to an invisible animal friend i had once had as a child...

I really don't know i suddenly just brought him back, but i did... Anyway, someone heard me in the forest sobbing and asking why he would do this to me when i loved him so much and what not.

And somehow he knows about me talking to myself. He's now threatening to get me 'help'. I have suffered from schizophrenia in the past, but this had nothing to do with that.

I'm just terrified that if he tells any of the college staff that i will be booted out of accomodation and will consequently not be able to complete my course.

I really don't know what to do...
    I guess i should go and tell him to his face that i don't need help, but everytime i'm around him i have to put on my happy face and pretend this isn't effecting me at all, when its all i can do to not curl, vomit and die.

Whenever i read other threads about girls and guys being 'heartbroken' i always presumed it wouldn't actually hurt.
    But, my god, this hurts more than anything that has ever happened to me.

And it hurts so much, because he was my 'first time' and also the first guy i ever trusted (sexually) due to having being sexually assaulted as a young child.

Why did people who say they love you throw it back in your face?
    What a nasty ****, how did he expect you to feel? Hope your okay pm me if you need to talk and remember to rely on your friends when your down.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with everyone else. Even if he does tell college staff, just say he's lying. They can't force you to do anything and it's your word against his. Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    He cannot get you kicked out of your accomodation or your course for talking to yourself. Talking to yourself is NORMAL and does not mean schizophrenia is rearing it's head.

He is trying to control you with fear. Do not let him. You are untouchable.

Be rid of him and thank god you've found out what he's like.

Edit: I should add, talking to an imaginary person is not even considered part of schizophrenia's diagnostic criteria.

ReputationRep:
    He can't make you keep silent about what he's done. Tell all your friends, and let them comfort you. You need someone to talk to about it. And if he tries to say that you need 'help', just say that you were talking to yourself (he doesn't need to know about imaginary friends, even though there's nothing wrong with that ) and that if anyone needs help, it's him, for being a tool!

Hope you feel better soon. He's not worth your time, he sounds like a nasty piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    I sure no-one will believe him or take him seriously, if he does talk to anyone, you only have to tell your side of the story and it'll be evident that he's the one with problems, not you.

*hugs* Hope it is all fine. The majority of boys are nice, there are just always some who create a bad name for all.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, just deny it. If he tries to stitch you up like this then simply tell whoever is concerned that he cheated on you and that as a result of a bitter breakup he is simply just trying to create more problems.

Ethically....not the best course of action, but to be frank, this ******* is a waste of space and you would be better off without him in your life anyway.

Also, you don't have to put on a happy face. You have just gotten out of a very selfish relationship. I.e. you are allowed to be upset.

ReputationRep:
    (ugghh fine)

Just ignore the whole thing and dont let it get to you...dont bring it up again, act normal about it and almost pretend like it never happened or it was nothing...

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself. If something horrible happens, I'll ask why, etc. And often loudly.

If you *do* have a problem, you won't be kicked out most likely, they will expect you to sort yourself out and won't pay much attention until you present a threat to others. They also won't take action just because your ex says you're a little nutty. It would require a proper diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    I think you mean *affecting
    If you not gonna help and try and be smart then why post.

To the OP if I was you I would really just ignore him,is he worth the stress that you are going through?

All the best

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the comment of whoever gave me the neg. rep.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.