The Student Room Group

Is it okay for a girl to pursue a guy?

Or should it be a guy pursuing a girl? Or both!😥

Hey guys,

So I really like this guy...well I find him very attractive. He works with my friend and I’ve only seen a pic of him but i would really like to get to know him because of how my friend describe how he is😭

I’m scared about making the first move because I feel like I’ll look desperate but I’m not desperate. Like this is really hard because I’ve never done this before it’s normally guys moving to me. But since this guy doesn’t know me it’s like me moving to him like it’s complicated.

This is hard what should I do?! I don’t know if he has a girlfriend too because I’m sure it will be awkward if I made the first move and he has a girlfriend. Me and my girls searched for his social media and it looked like the last time he had a relationship is Jan 2018 but then you can’t judge of that.

So what should I do guys! 😭

Btw I do kinda think it’s a guy that may should purse a girl because it’s better if the guy likes you more but anyways HELP!

Scroll to see replies

I think your friend should maybe set you guys up, be with on the first time so it's less awkward
I want some girl to pursue me
Original post by Anonymous
Or should it be a guy pursuing a girl? Or both!😥

Hey guys,

So I really like this guy...well I find him very attractive. He works with my friend and I’ve only seen a pic of him but i would really like to get to know him because of how my friend describe how he is😭

I’m scared about making the first move because I feel like I’ll look desperate but I’m not desperate. Like this is really hard because I’ve never done this before it’s normally guys moving to me. But since this guy doesn’t know me it’s like me moving to him like it’s complicated.

This is hard what should I do?! I don’t know if he has a girlfriend too because I’m sure it will be awkward if I made the first move and he has a girlfriend. Me and my girls searched for his social media and it looked like the last time he had a relationship is Jan 2018 but then you can’t judge of that.

So what should I do guys! 😭

Btw I do kinda think it’s a guy that may should purse a girl because it’s better if the guy likes you more but anyways HELP!

Why is it better if a guy pursues a girl instead of the other way around??
Nah it’s illegal if the girl chases the guy. Punishable by life imprisonment.

The point of a relationship is that both people in the relationship love each other, you have described unreciprocated love, which contradicts the point of a relationship .
Reply 6
The point of a relationship is that both people in the relationship love each other, you have described unreciprocated love, which contradicts the point of a relationship .

Original post by MillennialX
Why is it better if a guy pursues a girl instead of the other way around??

I just think if a guy likes you more it’s better. Just my opinion
Reply 7

Okay we will just start off as friends and get to know each other better and if I do even get to that point of becoming his friend 😭
Reply 8
Original post by SlightlySummer
I think your friend should maybe set you guys up, be with on the first time so it's less awkward

I agree but my friend hasn’t know the guy for that long. Wouldn’t that be awkward
Take gender out of the equation and just think of him as a person. If you like someone you should take the initiative to progress that yourself. The other person doesn't know you like them unless you tell them so there's no reason to wait.
I just think if a guy likes you more it’s better. Just my opinion

But I’m asking why is it better? It it because girls are more sensitive to rejection? The fear that there is a possibility he may have a girlfriend?
Should be both! If you want to pursue him go for it!
Original post by MillennialX
But I’m asking why is it better? It it because girls are more sensitive to rejection? The fear that there is a possibility he may have a girlfriend?

Yeah I do think it’s because some girls like myself are sensitive to rejection and yeah I guess If he approaches me then maybe that means he doesn’t have a girlfriend
Start by making friends and see where it goes from there!
Original post by sinfonietta
Take gender out of the equation and just think of him as a person. If you like someone you should take the initiative to progress that yourself. The other person doesn't know you like them unless you tell them so there's no reason to wait.

I like this 😭😊yeah I’m going to think of it as this
This is what I like to call a classic case of toxic femininity. Having the expectation that it is a mans job to do everything in a relationship. 50/50. You like him, you approach him, why should it always be a man approaching the woman.
Original post by chibibotto
Start by making friends and see where it goes from there!

I agree😊
Original post by Josh279
This is what I like to call a classic case of toxic femininity. Having the expectation that it is a mans job to do everything in a relationship. 50/50. You like him, you approach him, why should it always be a man approaching the woman.

You’re right it should be 50/50 but obviously that’s my opinion because I’ve never approached a guy like this before
Original post by Themysticalegg
Should be both! If you want to pursue him go for it!

I guess worse case scenario is if he has a girlfriend 😭
But at least this way you can move on! And if you don't ask you don't get! Best of luck, if it doesn't work out well at least you know and can get on with your life. :biggrin: :smile:
I guess worse case scenario is if he has a girlfriend 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending