We should solve Brexit with a fight to the death Watch

returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I would need a flow chart to describe all the ways in which that was a ridiculous comment. Not to mention how disgusting it is of you to use her murder to try and score cheap political points.
What political points.

I have highlighted to you the danger of making what you possibly think is 'a funny jokey post' without thinking about some of the 'unwell' people out there who might actually act on this sort of 'suggestion'. One did. And Jo Cox is dead.

So, instead of instantly firing from the hip, perhaps you would like to think about the consequences of posting this sort of stuff on social media. You don't know who is out there, and how they may interpret what to you is a joke.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
What political points.

I have highlighted to you the danger of making what you possibly think is 'a funny jokey post' without thinking about some of the 'unwell' people out there who might actually act on this sort of 'suggestion'. One did. And Jo Cox is dead.

So, instead of instantly firing from the hip, perhaps you would like to think about the consequences of posting this sort of stuff on social media. You don't know who is out there, and how they may interpret what to you is a joke.
The fact you are comparing the aforementioned post to the sort of crap that terrorist liked to read is patently absurd.

No, not really as I have yet to post anything that could even possibly meet your criteria.

Once again though by your definition people could never post anything again. We neither live in a nanny state nor a dictatorship and it is ridiculous to have to tailor everything you say because of a 1:1,000,000 crack pot might read it ... especially on TSR of all places and even more especially because the OP was hardly overly inflammatory to start with.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
What political points.

Some people cannot accept alternative point of veiw.
Some people post on Internet forums for responses
Some people lose their temper with people who deliberately post for responses and get into trouble.

Top, Don't let some people get you into trouble!

I don't believe there was a direct incitement to violence from the OP, I think it was a joke. However I do understand what you mean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads