Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else doing this, if so, would you like to share ideas/quotes/ciritical readings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coursework.info)
    As it's been a while since you posted and nobody's responded, maybe you want to check out our sister site -Coursework.Info - the UK's largest academic coursework library.
    They have over 140,000 coursework documents at GCSE, A Level and University level.

They submit all their documents to Turnitin anti-plagiarism software and the site is used and approved by hundreds of thousands of UK teachers and students.

I am an automated bot who posts this jolly helpful message in our academic forums on behalf of the owners of both The Student Room and Coursework.Info when posts don't get a quick response.

Hopefully you'll find my advice useful, otherwise my existence is even more futile than it already feels.
    Im clearly not interested in what you have to offer since Im looking for other student- pay more attention and stop clogging up forums

ReputationRep:
    heya i was wondering if u can help meee
    pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    is anyone else doing this, if so, would you like to share ideas/quotes/ciritical readings?
    There was a programme about Paradise Lost on the bbc last week, presented by Armundo Iancunni (who I think at some point was doing a Phd on the poem?) that was quite good, should still be on iplayer. Had some stuff on histroical context, Milton's life, his ideas about god etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    haha I worked on paradise lost for my IB course. as you can see it made quite an impression its on my nick lol. :P

hmmm well the main gist of the whole thing would be how milton often portrays Satan in a very positive light? note the majestic descriptions he gives him just after the Fall. But then Satan's status and standing seems to be reduced towards the end of the book; he continually stoops lower and lower. I read somewhere that this could be seen in the forms he took on. I can't really remember but I think it was a comorant when spying on adam and eve then a snake?

also I thought it was particularly striking how God isn't portrayed in a very favourable light here. wonder if you got the feeling that he wasn't very likeable? haha. Satan was a more appealing character. God seems really autocratic and all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.