The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Science

I am going to study the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science. How much if coursework?
What does the coursework involve?
Do you need to do a lot of presentations during the course?
I’m studying the subject too, my new teacher said that you get assignments with tasks on which you need to complete.
Reply 2
Original post by isabellewalker15
I’m studying the subject too, my new teacher said that you get assignments with tasks on which you need to complete.

What have you done in the course so far? :smile:
Reply 3
Do you need to do presentations i.e power point presentations
Well I’m starting in September I just had a taster for the lesson, have you started the course yet?
Original post by James1908
What have you done in the course so far? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by isabellewalker15
Well I’m starting in September I just had a taster for the lesson, have you started the course yet?

I am also starting the course in September. What happened at the taster day? What exactly did you do? Did it all go ok? Did you know anyone who attended the taster session?
I’m going into my second year. So far I’ve only done one PowerPoint presentation and that was with a group. It really isn’t that hard, I achieved all distinctions this year. You just have to keep you with deadlines and start your assignments as soon as you get them. do you guys know what you plan to do after college?
Reply 7
Was the presentation apart of the coursework (does it count towards your overall grade)
Original post by Student guest
I’m going into my second year. So far I’ve only done one PowerPoint presentation and that was with a group. It really isn’t that hard, I achieved all distinctions this year. You just have to keep you with deadlines and start your assignments as soon as you get them. do you guys know what you plan to do after college?
It doesn’t count towards anything.
Reply 9
What does the coursework involve. What sorts of tasks to you need to do?
Before you started the first year of the course, did you attend a taster day for applied science. If so,, what did you do on the taster day?
Original post by Student guest
It doesn’t count towards anything.
I didn’t even go to the induction days and I started late. I wasn’t planning on taking the course so it was last minute and quick decision. Coursework is simple, you get a brief and just follow it but there’s obv pass merit or distinction.
Just finished a BTEC Applied Science Subsidiary Diploma which is essentially the same just less units are studied. Tasks could involve research tasks which then need to be put into a PowerPoint or leaflet format, or carrying out scientific experiments to answer a hypothesis and documenting and evaluating the results with written conclusions, results graphs etc.. Other tasks may just be as simple as information posters on a particular topic.

Think there’s added exams now that run alongside the coursework but don’t know much about those as they’ve just been added as I’ve finished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending