VictiniCup
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I was rejected from all 4 universities for Vet Med. Rejected post interview from Nottingham and Liverpool.

What's the best way to phone them on results day? Havent accepted any offers, so if I get the grades could I be accepted? Not to sure how the system works.
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely if you get the grades then you nothing to lose by phoning. You will normally only stand a chance if you've been interviewed (n/a/ to Bristol obviously). Just phone and say you are calling because you achieved the required grades and would love to still be considered for any place that might have become available. Good luck!!

(Original post by VictiniCup)
So I was rejected from all 4 universities for Vet Med. Rejected post interview from Nottingham and Liverpool.

What's the best way to phone them on results day? Havent accepted any offers, so if I get the grades could I be accepted? Not to sure how the system works.
stimtothesky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by animalmagic)
Definitely if you get the grades then you nothing to lose by phoning. You will normally only stand a chance if you've been interviewed (n/a/ to Bristol obviously). Just phone and say you are calling because you achieved the required grades and would love to still be considered for any place that might have become available. Good luck!!
Hi- just wanted to ask about this situation: I miss my grades for Edinburgh and for Nottingham (e.g. ABB), but I’m only one mark off an A for one or both of bio/maths and the A is in chemistry.

If Nottingham didn’t take me, would it be worth calling other vet schools on results day? I had an offer from Liverpool (and cam but I doubt they’d take me with ABB ). And if I get a remark how does that work with the unis- do they hold my offer?
animalmagic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I think there's a reasonable chance that Edinburgh will still take you if you just miss your grades, hopefully that also applies to Nottingham. I'd certainly be phoning them both, in that order, on results day if that happens. If they say no then definitely phone the others you were interviewed for, again Liverpool might still take you. Cambridge I'm less confident of but as you say if you don't ask you don't get. I always feel that it might depend on how well you interviewed (in other words how highly they rate you) and how many others missed their offers/how many on the reserve list made the standard offer.

Good luck!

(Original post by stimtothesky)
Hi- just wanted to ask about this situation: I miss my grades for Edinburgh and for Nottingham (e.g. ABB), but I’m only one mark off an A for one or both of bio/maths and the A is in chemistry.

If Nottingham didn’t take me, would it be worth calling other vet schools on results day? I had an offer from Liverpool (and cam but I doubt they’d take me with ABB ). And if I get a remark how does that work with the unis- do they hold my offer?
stimtothesky
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!
Personally I think there's a reasonable chance that Edinburgh will still take you if you just miss your grades, hopefully that also applies to Nottingham. I'd certainly be phoning them both, in that order, on results day if that happens. If they say no then definitely phone the others you were interviewed for, again Liverpool might still take you. Cambridge I'm less confident of but as you say if you don't ask you don't get. I always feel that it might depend on how well you interviewed (in other words how highly they rate you) and how many others missed their offers/how many on the reserve list made the standard offer.

Good luck!
username2703735
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a little confused by your posting, the universities which rejected you post-interview would be unlikely to consider you as surely they were happy with your predicted grades in order to even get an interview? But universities rejecting you pre-interview you stand a chance and some courses occasionally enter clearing to which you could apply through there.
VictiniCup
Rep:
?
With phoning, am I best phoning the vet school directly?
animalmagic
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VictiniCup)
With phoning, am I best phoning the vet school directly?
I would say yes, their admissions department. Good luck.
VictiniCup
Rep:
?
I would say yes, their admissions department. Good luck.
Thanks, time to write the phone numbers down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads