UCAS application- one option taking longer than the others

Watch
sol rebihi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#1
Okay, so basically im reapplying for UCAS this year after bottling uni last year (long story) so i already have my a level results. This means i have got 3/5 unconditionals from my choices. BUT i am almost certain one of those is the uni i want to accept the offer from, yet i can't accept it until the other 2 options have responded. I am very worried i wont get halls or student finance and time is rapidly running out- what can i do? is it worth withdrawing from the choices i am waiting for if i am super sure i want to accept one of my unconditionals?
0
reply
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 year ago
#2
if you definitely want to go to one of the unconditionals withdraw from the ones who havent answered.
1
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#3
Report 1 year ago
#3
(Original post by sol rebihi)
Okay, so basically im reapplying for UCAS this year after bottling uni last year (long story) so i already have my a level results. This means i have got 3/5 unconditionals from my choices. BUT i am almost certain one of those is the uni i want to accept the offer from, yet i can't accept it until the other 2 options have responded. I am very worried i wont get halls or student finance and time is rapidly running out- what can i do? is it worth withdrawing from the choices i am waiting for if i am super sure i want to accept one of my unconditionals?
Yes, withdraw from the ones you are waiting for if you are 100% sure you know where you want to go. If in any doubt, however, you probably have more time than you think. You can apply to student finance now (just put in the uni you think you will most likely go to, since that detail can very easily be changed later down the line). And as for accomodation, check with the accomodation office at the uni you want to go to as it may be that you still have plenty of time to apply for halls - you are still well ahead of all the A level students, for example, who won't get their results until August.
0
reply
sol rebihi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#4
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
#4
yeah i think thatll be a good idea. im about 90% sure about my choice but im waiting for an offer from a pretty decent uni that could be really beneficial to my future... so ill keep waiting a little longer and start looking at my finance/accommo options. thanks so much!
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes, withdraw from the ones you are waiting for if you are 100% sure you know where you want to go. If in any doubt, however, you probably have more time than you think. You can apply to student finance now (just put in the uni you think you will most likely go to, since that detail can very easily be changed later down the line). And as for accomodation, check with the accomodation office at the uni you want to go to as it may be that you still have plenty of time to apply for halls - you are still well ahead of all the A level students, for example, who won't get their results until August.
1
reply
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#5
Report 1 year ago
#5
(Original post by sol rebihi)
yeah i think thatll be a good idea. im about 90% sure about my choice but im waiting for an offer from a pretty decent uni that could be really beneficial to my future... so ill keep waiting a little longer and start looking at my finance/accommo options. thanks so much!
Ring them up and ask when they will be making a decision.
0
reply
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
#6
Report 1 year ago
#6
11 July is the UCAS deadline for uni/college decisions on applications submitted by 30 June. They cannot crash that deadline, so you should not be waiting much longer for the outstanding decisions anyway.

You will then have until 18 July to make your final choice on Track. This still leaves plenty of time for res and finance applications.

Why don't you give the recalcitrant unis a ring to ask them when they will be making a decision on your application?


(Original post by sol rebihi)
Okay, so basically im reapplying for UCAS this year after bottling uni last year (long story) so i already have my a level results. This means i have got 3/5 unconditionals from my choices. BUT i am almost certain one of those is the uni i want to accept the offer from, yet i can't accept it until the other 2 options have responded. I am very worried i wont get halls or student finance and time is rapidly running out- what can i do? is it worth withdrawing from the choices i am waiting for if i am super sure i want to accept one of my unconditionals?
2
reply
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#7
Report 1 year ago
#7
(Original post by 学生の父)
11 July is the UCAS deadline for uni/college decisions on applications submitted by 30 June. They cannot crash that deadline, so you should not be waiting much longer for the outstanding decisions anyway.

You will then have until 18 July to make your final choice on Track. This still leaves plenty of time for res and finance applications.

Why don't you give the recalcitrant unis a ring to ask them when they will be making a decision on your application?
This post deserved a rep for the word recalcitrant alone! (but also for the good advice)
0
reply
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#8
Report 1 year ago
#8
(Original post by harrysbar)
This post deserved a rep for the word recalcitrant alone! (but also for the good advice)
Hah, I thought the same thing.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (41)
16.08%
I'm not sure (8)
3.14%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (92)
36.08%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.57%
I'm not a current university student (110)
43.14%

Watched Threads

View All