If I apply with higher grades than entry requirements do I have to get these grades

Watch
Hj5673
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Say if the uni wants AAB as entry requirements and I am preicted A*AA, if I put my predicted on ucas does this mean I have to get my predicted grades to get an offer or do I just have the get the minimal entry requirements.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hj5673)
Say if the uni wants AAB as entry requirements and I am preicted A*AA, if I put my predicted on ucas does this mean I have to get my predicted grades to get an offer or do I just have the get the minimal entry requirements.
You'll likely get a standard offer at most, i.e. no higher than AAB.
Hj5673
Rep:
?
But once I sit my actual alevels do I have to get my predicted grades to get accepted into the uni or do I have to get the entry requirements.
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You'll likely get a standard offer at most, i.e. no higher than AAB.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But once I sit my actual alevels do I have to get my predicted grades to get accepted into the uni or do I have to get the entry requirements.
The entry requirements.

...which will be listed and described in your UCAS offer.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't put your predictions on your UCAS form - this is something your referee does.

You have to get the grades the university asks for in your offer.
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think people may be overcomplicating this.
Grade requirements put out by universities are the minimum that you need. So if you need AAB and get A*AA, you will still be accepted. You could even get into a new university through adjustment if you beat your minimum required grade!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UCAS for beginners : https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...-to-university
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The typical offer on Uni websites is the one given to the vast majority of offer holders, (may get adjusted downward for a few reasons), they don't get adjusted upwards because you're predicted higher. You're not required to meet your predictions, you are required to meet whatever offer you're given.
Hj5673
Rep:
?
Thanks, that was the most helpful answer. I appreciate your help!
(Original post by Admit-One)
The typical offer on Uni websites is the one given to the vast majority of offer holders, (may get adjusted downward for a few reasons), they don't get adjusted upwards because you're predicted higher. You're not required to meet your predictions, you are required to meet whatever offer you're given.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks, that was the most helpful answer. I appreciate your help!
No problem and thanks for the kind words. Hope it all goes well for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (46)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
40.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.01%

Watched Threads