Predict your A-Level Results 2019 Watch

Ligretto Cowboy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup! I think there’s no way A* higher 250. The best case will be A(200) and A*(230) given that the cohort is roughly the same from last year’s maths. If the boundaries are about to go up, then that should be for single maths only (tho I don’t think so), since this is the first year for FM ( looking at 2005 and 2006 ).
(Original post by MagnumKoishi)
Most of my classmates seem to be on 240+, but then my college generally has vast majority A*. I think your suggested boundaries are sensible, though I'd put A a few marks higher
Fjfjdjdj27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If Further maths grade boundaries are as low as last years maths then I will be the happiest man walking this earth and A*A*A*-A*A*A
Worst case scenario A*AA
Maths-A*
Chemistry-A*/A
Further Maths-A*/A
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fjfjdjdj27)
If Further maths grade boundaries are as low as last years maths then I will be the happiest man walking this earth and A*A*A*-A*A*A
Worst case scenario A*AA
Maths-A*
Chemistry-A*/A
Further Maths-A*/A
Same lol, I'm on 228/300 and hoping for an A for my offer. How many marks ish do you reckon you're on?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
aa-k
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maths D
Computer Science C
Physics D
Fjfjdjdj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We’ve spoken on the other thread, I reckon 230-235
Same lol, I'm on 228/300 and hoping for an A for my offer. How many marks ish do you reckon you're on?
Fjfjdjdj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust me ur very safe for an A
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh yeah, so we have. I don't remember usernames lol
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Further maths gives no advantage in normal maths exams. I do further maths, yet used no techniques outside the single maths spec in my single maths exams.
The fact that 70% of the students do further maths doesn't mean that 70% are advantaged BECAUSE of furher maths. Instead, it means that 70% of the students are likely to already be of fairly high ability and THEREFORE take further maths too
our maths teacher said that FM students can you FM techniques in normal math exams actually.
but anyway good luck from a year 12 FM student! I realised yesterday that you don't do optional mech/stats etc book 1 and 2, and i was so shocked, happy and on the verge of tears lol idk why. The fact that we only have one book of mech, stats and core pures instead of 2 books of mech and stats each.. yay!!!
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
our maths teacher said that FM students can you FM techniques in normal math exams actually.
but anyway good luck from a year 12 FM student! I realised yesterday that you don't do optional mech/stats etc book 1 and 2, and i was so shocked, happy and on the verge of tears lol idk why. The fact that we only have one book of mech, stats and core pures instead of 2 books of mech and stats each.. yay!!!
Yes certainly, sometimes it is possible to use FM techniques in normal maths. This year I did not use any though (AQA normal, edexcel further).
And it will depend on exam board and college as to what modules are available to you. There are two for each with edexcel but many colleges won't teach the second ones
Kilam_Namoan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Need A*AA for my offer at Camb
Best case: ABB (good enough for insurance offer at Warwick).
Worst Case: BCC (Clearings time lads)
Fjfjdjdj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s ur course may I ask? And ur predictions?
(Original post by Kilam_Namoan)
GrayestOwl0900
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did something called the Cambridge Pre-U (like a modern but slightly harder version of A-levels) so if you lads can let me scrape in (since almost no one in TSR does the Pre-U)

Best:

Maths: D1 (beyond A*)
Further Maths: D2 (A*)
Physics: D1/D2 (leaning towards a D2)

Worst:

Maths: D2
Further Maths: D3 (A)
Physics: D2

I also did STEP:

Best:

STEP I: 1
STEP II: 1/2 (leaning more towards a grade 2)
STEP III: 2

Worst:

STEP I: 2
STEP II: 2
STEP III: 3

Need to get either D2 D2 D3 with D2s in Maths and FM with a grade 1 in any STEP paper or straight D2s for my maths offer from Warwick
Last edited by GrayestOwl0900; 1 month ago
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maths A*
Physics A*
Computer Science A*
Further Maths B

Semi sh*****g myself. I need A*A*AA, and I doubt they'll accept A*A*A*B as a substitute
Semi sh*tting yourself is the worst, more so than sh*tting yourself, it's like, damn, just get it over with already.

On a serious note, good luck with the results.
Kilam_Namoan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s ur course may I ask? And ur predictions?
I applied for Law (studied Chem, Bio and Eng Lit). I ****ed aced my UCAS exams and was predicted A*A*A*. However, I deffo like stopped trying sometime March, and I burned out. Just sat at home, didn't do much, and like struggled like **** with my actual exams. Sucks.
MagnumKoishi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's honestly a nice offer for cambridge standards (I have an offer for A*A*AA, and know someone with one for A*A*A*). Good luck!
Kilam_Namoan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, usually the science subjects always have an A*A*A. Law is usually A*AA, but I know quite a few people that applied Law and were asked for A*A*A (they all have an offer from Christ's; so I assume that specific College is just douchey to Law applicants lol).
Good luck to you too, I am sure you will smash em.
That's honestly a nice offer for cambridge standards (I have an offer for A*A*AA, and know someone with one for A*A*A*). Good luck!
alannah-1706
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jamie_1712)
Chemistry A
Biology B
Maths D

Need 3As for med school. Don’t have much hope. Optimistically I think AAB is possible. But honestly maths was a **** show.
What exam board are you with?
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best Case: A*AA
Realistically: A*AB
Worst Case: AAB

Maths screwed me over, I was getting 95% in every paper I did and somehow I'm on track for a B with those leaks and horrific questions. I need A*AA for my firm though. Ugh.
Fjfjdjdj27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope u did better than you think, I did further maths a level in one year, in order to do so I didn’t have a summer after year 12 as I had to do as further maths in about two weeks, I burnt out as well, but then I just kept attending lessons and did minimal work to avoid burnt out, I was predicted A*A*A but I might’ve gotten lower, good luck! And be careful with burnout , in my case I’m still recovering lol it really is tough, it’s like stress and depression and anxiety all at once
Yeah, usually the science subjects always have an A*A*A. Law is usually A*AA, but I know quite a few people that applied Law and were asked for A*A*A (they all have an offer from Christ's; so I assume that specific College is just douchey to Law applicants lol).
Good luck to you too, I am sure you will smash em.
Mustafa0605
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Further maths gives no advantage in normal maths exams. I do further maths, yet used no techniques outside the single maths spec in my single maths exams.
The fact that 70% of the students do further maths doesn't mean that 70% are advantaged BECAUSE of furher maths. Instead, it means that 70% of the students are likely to already be of fairly high ability and THEREFORE take further maths too
That’s bull. I did fm. In fm there’s further integration, further algebra, further graphs, further differential equations. Once you learn all this tough stuff, the A level maths becomes easy peasy because you covered a higher level of the main modules
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (68)
17.35%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
63.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.1%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.54%

Watched Threads