Placements in a special school: Primary Education with QTS Watch

Abby-Rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I am an A-level student studying English Language and Psychology A-levels and a Level 3 Certificate in Health & Social Care at college; I've just finished my first year. I wanted to become a primary school teacher, but after volunteering in a special school, I am interested in possibly becoming a special educational needs teacher instead or at least specializing in SEN. Therefore, I am interested in unis that have the option to take a placement in a special school on it's Primary Education with QTS course. The unis I am currently looking at include Canterbury, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Reading, Bedfordshire, Roehampton and Greenwich as they are close to where I live (within 1 hr 30 mins) so if any current students know they have a placement option in a special school, please let me know. I believe Greenwich does?? Also any other unis that are in the South East that have the Primary Education with QTS course which I may have missed. Thank you!
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Abby-Rose

It's good to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Hertfordshire

Our three year Bachelor of Education Honours Degree Primary with QTS includes school placements throughout the duration of the course, to help compliment your university-based learning.

Under the current programme, you will receive a total of 24 weeks of assessed school based training, over the course of the three years. In each year you will be placed in a partnership school under the guidance of a class teacher who has received mentor training from the University.

If you're interested, it is worth taking a look at our BEd Primary Education pocket guide, which explains the course in more detail and features a number of student placement testimonials - including a student who did a placement at a special school.

If you want to find out more you can contact our School of Education via email [email protected] or you can give them a call at +44 (0)1707 284847.

Thanks,
Sam
(Original post by Abby-Rose)
Hi, I am an A-level student studying English Language and Psychology A-levels and a Level 3 Certificate in Health & Social Care at college; I've just finished my first year. I wanted to become a primary school teacher, but after volunteering in a special school, I am interested in possibly becoming a special educational needs teacher instead or at least specializing in SEN. Therefore, I am interested in unis that have the option to take a placement in a special school on it's Primary Education with QTS course. The unis I am currently looking at include Canterbury, Middlesex, Hertfordshire, Reading, Bedfordshire, Roehampton and Greenwich as they are close to where I live (within 1 hr 30 mins) so if any current students know they have a placement option in a special school, please let me know. I believe Greenwich does?? Also any other unis that are in the South East that have the Primary Education with QTS course which I may have missed. Thank you!
Abby-Rose
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the links, Sam. I'll look at them now
(Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
Hi Abby-Rose

It's good to hear that you are considering studying at the University of Hertfordshire

Our three year Bachelor of Education Honours Degree Primary with QTS includes school placements throughout the duration of the course, to help compliment your university-based learning.

Under the current programme, you will receive a total of 24 weeks of assessed school based training, over the course of the three years. In each year you will be placed in a partnership school under the guidance of a class teacher who has received mentor training from the University.

If you're interested, it is worth taking a look at our BEd Primary Education pocket guide, which explains the course in more detail and features a number of student placement testimonials - including a student who did a placement at a special school.

If you want to find out more you can contact our School of Education via email [email protected] or you can give them a call at +44 (0)1707 284847.

Thanks,
Sam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads