Summer placement Watch

Sarah maclaren
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My son has only just realised he needs to do a summer placement for 4 weeks as a compulsory part of his HISTORY degree at Bournemouth. He has ignored all the emails about it all year thinking they applied to the sandwich courses. Now massively panicking as it's start of July,nothing sorted and terrified of impact on his degree. Hes waiting to hear back from tutors but they may all now be off for the summer. 1) Does this mean he won't get a degree if he doesn't complete it 2) what can he do ? HELP !!!
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would honestly call Bournemouth University General Enquiries I'm sure they can direct your son to a member of staff who is still at work.

'If you want to speak to a member of staff or have a general enquiry.

Tel: +44 (0)1202 524111

Email: [email protected]'

Name:  BU2.JPG
Views: 9
Size:  54.8 KBName:  BU.JPG
Views: 8
Size:  36.4 KB
From the looks of this degree I would of thought you can drop out of the placement if you can't find one. The website seems to give mixed messages so I would call BU directly for clarification.

https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...a-hons-history
Attached files
BU Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, did you get this sorted in the end?

I'm currently undertaking my 20 day placement and have a placement coordinator (one of my lecturers) who was always reminding us about the importance of getting our placement sorted before we broke up for the summer.

On Brightspace you son should have a placements section, within this section will be the contact details for the tutors he needed to discuss his placement with. He will also find a checklist of what he needs to do and what he should have completed.

Here is the contact information for the programme leader, they may be able to help you. Academic staff, whilst many do take a week or two off over summer are still working over these months.

Please let us know how he's getting on.

Vicki

(Original post by Sarah maclaren)
My son has only just realised he needs to do a summer placement for 4 weeks as a compulsory part of his HISTORY degree at Bournemouth. He has ignored all the emails about it all year thinking they applied to the sandwich courses. Now massively panicking as it's start of July,nothing sorted and terrified of impact on his degree. Hes waiting to hear back from tutors but they may all now be off for the summer. 1) Does this mean he won't get a degree if he doesn't complete it 2) what can he do ? HELP !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.59%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.63%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.36%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed