Numeracy Skills Test! Watch

zobiaxx99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi. I have had several attempts at the test and still struggle with it and feel as though the actual tests are harder than the practise ones. I would like to know which resources have worked best for everyone, whether they be textbooks or even Numeracy Ready and if that was worth it
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zobiaxx99)
Hi. I have had several attempts at the test and still struggle with it and feel as though the actual tests are harder than the practise ones. I would like to know which resources have worked best for everyone, whether they be textbooks or even Numeracy Ready and if that was worth it
Hey, sorry you've not had an answer to this yet - just giving this a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon! :yep:

Tagging in 04MR17 and SarcAndSpark in case either of them are able to help too
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hiya

Just wondering if you've had a look at this thread which has details of all things QTS?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5481584
zobiaxx99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you!
(Original post by 04MR17)
Hiya

Just wondering if you've had a look at this thread which has details of all things QTS?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5481584
Hifromlu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi what is it specifically you are struggling with? I feel like YouTube videos helped me massively (more than anything else). I did sign up to numeracy ready, I was a bit disappointed with that expected more from it however did give me a chance to practice practice practice
zobiaxx99
Rep:
?
Now after further practise I feel like it’s the timing that gets me so I guess it’s just practise and practise with the mental arithmetic. Yes your right YouTube videos and Facebook videos on the QTs have helped massively
(Original post by Hifromlu)
Hi what is it specifically you are struggling with? I feel like YouTube videos helped me massively (more than anything else). I did sign up to numeracy ready, I was a bit disappointed with that expected more from it however did give me a chance to practice practice practice
Hifromlu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ll tell you what I did that help me with speed. You are allowed to do this. When the practice question starts I wrote down my weak times table which were. 7s, 8s and 9s.. doing this helped me with about 2 in the first section and helped spot the required division faster in the 2nd part (getting a extra few this way) can be the difference between a pass and a fail!
Now after further practise I feel like it’s the timing that gets me so I guess it’s just practise and practise with the mental arithmetic. Yes your right YouTube videos and Facebook videos on the QTs have helped massively
Last edited by Hifromlu; 1 week ago
zobiaxx99
Rep:
?
Thank you so much I will definitely be doing that! I think it is these silly mistakes that I make because of panicking with the time that lets me down
(Original post by Hifromlu)
I’ll tell you what I did that help me with speed. You are allowed to do this. When the practice question starts I wrote down my weak times table which were. 7s, 8s and 9s.. doing this helped me with about 2 in the first section and helped spot the required division faster in the 2nd part (getting a extra few this way) can be the difference between a pass and a fail!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed