The Student Room Group

Top-Up Study Loan

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if I am eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan. I have finished 4 years of University study in Romania and received an 'ordinary degree' equivalent in Engineering. I always wanted to graduate with Hons degree and just got accepted to study a Top-Up in Engineering in England. I am not sure if I would be eligible for Student Finance at all? What are the other options if I am not?

Thank you for any help..
Original post by SabNea1
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if I am eligible for a Tuition Fee Loan. I have finished 4 years of University study in Romania and received an 'ordinary degree' equivalent in Engineering. I always wanted to graduate with Hons degree and just got accepted to study a Top-Up in Engineering in England. I am not sure if I would be eligible for Student Finance at all? What are the other options if I am not?

Thank you for any help..

Hi there,

We can check if you will be eligible for funding for your Top Up course. Do you have any other previous study at the higher education level besides the 4 years studying your degree in Romania? And could you please provide the details of the university/college and course for your Top Up?

Thanks, Ferne
Reply 2
I have no other previous studies apart from that course. I would be studying at Coventry University (C85), Applied Mechanical Engineering.

Thank you for your insight.
Original post by SabNea1
I have no other previous studies apart from that course. I would be studying at Coventry University (C85), Applied Mechanical Engineering.

Thank you for your insight.

Hi there,

Do you know the UK level of the ordinary degree equivalent of qualification you received?

You can find more information on the level of degree you have gained through NARIC, the UK national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills. You can find their website here.

If your preliminary course is an overseas equivalent then you will be eligible to apply for the Top Up Course.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending