US police arrest black man attached to IV machine. Watch

Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)
With 'balanced view of the world' meaning that I should fear this bloke's death at the hands of the police, because white people are so racist, and accept that the BBC and others simply have to follow every single bit of interaction between whites and blacks in case someone gets hurt. I should just lap up the narrative that feeds all that paranoia and delusion, instigated by some nauseating ideology that sets out to stir up hatred and division between people non-stop everywhere. Maybe you really don't like white people and are using this twisted narrative just to conceal it?
Nobody said anything about white/black people and being racist. We are talking about the interaction between police officers and the death of unarmed black people. You are proving the points that I previously posted. Police officers of all races have killed unarmed black people. It is not about race but about overzealous and poorly disciplined officers having an inherent fear of black people whether as adults or children.

Like I previously wrote, the interaction between police officers and unarmed black people have been too prevalent to the extent that many stories become relevant. For example, a female police officer went to her building, but got into a wrong apartment. She shot and killed a black man in the apartment, as she thought he was an intruder. It later turned out that she was on the wrong floor and was actually in the man’s own apartment.

Another story was a woman who was waiting for her friend outside her own apartment building. Someone called the police and their interaction led to her being shot and killed. The police report claimed that she posed a threat to their safety, but CCTV disproved that claim. What was the response, a paid suspended leave and later no disciplinary action.

These are not stories you tell children to make them scared. These are real accounts. Another example was a young white dude who had mental issues and was playing around with a water gun. A group of officers came to the scene and pumped more than 15 bullets into the man, despite the man’s mother shouting that he had mental issues and posed no threat.

To me, the BBC has to report police interactions with individuals. Unfortunately, their interactions with black people result in more deaths than with other racial groups. Look at the story by the OP, the man had an IV in his body and the conclusion was that he wanted to steal the equipment. They probably did not ask for ID or try to check with the hospital whether his claim was legitimate. The verdict is normally guilty until proven innocent rather than innocent until proven guilty.
z-hog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Nobody said anything about white/black people and being racist. We are talking about the interaction between police officers and the death of unarmed black people. You are proving the points that I previously posted. Police officers of all races have killed unarmed black people. It is not about race but about overzealous and poorly disciplined officers having an inherent fear of black people whether as adults or children.
This is almost like a carbon copy of the Danny Baker story, you simply take it all at face value and unquestioned even in the complete absence of anything to back it up but not everyone is that credulous or devoid of curiosity. We are not talking about the death of unarmed people or even the police, that is completely fictitious and induced by the half-truths and blatant distortions of events by parts of the media, you have departed completely from the real world with that statement.

We are talking about an incident in the middle of nowhere and of no consequence to anything or anybody, between a security guard and a patient at a hospital. Why so piously believe it was a racially charged incident, isn't that racism itself? The BBC and their sources have no idea if race had anything to do with it but as with Baker... do they care? It's not even replacing 'innocent till proven guilty', they act as judge and summary executioners in one go and don't even really care about facts. They only mention this because it's white v. black, they wouldn't make any of it were the security guy the black dude because racism is a white preserve, it's all within their ethos and values, blah, blah...

You know what my problem really is? This mercenary agitating of race relations is more of a bad thing than a good one for everyone.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by z-hog)
This is almost like a carbon copy of the Danny Baker story, you simply take it all at face value and unquestioned even in the complete absence of anything to back it up but not everyone is that credulous or devoid of curiosity. We are not talking about the death of unarmed people or even the police, that is completely fictitious and induced by the half-truths and blatant distortions of events by parts of the media, you have departed completely from the real world with that statement.

We are talking about an incident in the middle of nowhere and of no consequence to anything or anybody, between a security guard and a patient at a hospital. Why so piously believe it was a racially charged incident, isn't that racism itself? The BBC and their sources have no idea if race had anything to do with it but as with Baker... do they care? It's not even replacing 'innocent till proven guilty', they act as judge and summary executioners in one go and don't even really care about facts. They only mention this because it's white v. black, they wouldn't make any of it were the security guy the black dude because racism is a white preserve, it's all within their ethos and values, blah, blah...

You know what my problem really is? This mercenary agitating of race relations is more of a bad thing than a good one for everyone.
No offence but I dont think you actually understand what you are talking about. If you did, you wont write like how you have done.

The case between the police, security and other armed officials against civilians in the US is well-known. Like I wrote, it is so prevalent and many of these cases are ridiculous. The OP story is just one of them as I pointed out. The BBC showed a story with such idiocy that many people appear to laugh at the level of stupidity.

I shared the link with many people both IRL and on social media and everyone made the same conclusion about the folly of the security personnel. As I wrote before, we don't have to wait until the person was shot dead to report the story.

For the Danny Baker story, you prob know my view on it because it was debated on TSR. So I wont go into further details, as it would be distracting from our key theme.

What has made me laugh is that you have accused the BBC of putting a racial lens to the story, while you have stuck to the racial lens. Take a step back and remove the race element. Put it as two black people or two white people. Isn't it ridiculous that a security guard stopped a sick patient and assumed that he stole the equipment that he was tied to? Also with the overzealous attitude of security and police staff in the US, wont we be worried of the sick man being shot based on false assumptions?

If you still are unable to go beyond the race element, then i think we are done.
Last edited by Wired_1800; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads