Want more information about this university?

Chance of getting mixed gender accommodation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going to UoB in September (unconditional offer) and was just wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting mixed gender accommodation. I'm autistic and I just cannot cope with girls as well as boys, so it would drive me absolutely crazy if I got assigned a girls only flat...
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm going to UoB in September (unconditional offer) and was just wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting mixed gender accommodation. I'm autistic and I just cannot cope with girls as well as boys, so it would drive me absolutely crazy if I got assigned a girls only flat...
Are you male or female? You haven't made it clear whether you want single gender or not...

If you put your preferences when you applied for accommodation, then they will try their best to provide it.
Anonymous #1
Ah sorry I'm female, I meant I can't cope with girls as well as I can cope with boys, so I would hate to be assigned single gender. There was no option to ask for mixed gender, just an option to ask for single gender (which I didn't pick), but obviously there is still a chance you can get assigned single gender even without ticking that box if they need to fill the spaces.

It's not a massive deal, I just know if I ended up with all girls I wouldn't go out during freshers week as much because I find all-girl groups so draining, they just talk way too fast and with way too much ambiguity for me to process.
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Are you male or female? You haven't made it clear whether you want single gender or not...

If you put your preferences when you applied for accommodation, then they will try their best to provide it.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ah sorry I'm female, I meant I can't cope with girls as well as I can cope with boys, so I would hate to be assigned single gender. There was no option to ask for mixed gender, just an option to ask for single gender (which I didn't pick), but obviously there is still a chance you can get assigned single gender even without ticking that box if they need to fill the spaces.

It's not a massive deal, I just know if I ended up with all girls I wouldn't go out during freshers week as much because I find all-girl groups so draining, they just talk way too fast and with way too much ambiguity for me to process.
You could email the accommodation team about it, as they might be able to put a note on your application.
Anonymous #1
Okay, that's probably my best bet, thank you for the help
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You could email the accommodation team about it, as they might be able to put a note on your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.83%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.3%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (329)
47.89%

Watched Threads