Time from application to initial training (Army) Watch

JSB19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi All,

I'm looking to gain a commission to the Army after uni, which I finish in May 09. How long does the application process take so that I can plan to start initial training if all goes well that summer?

cheers
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm joining as a private soldier, and when I rock up at Pirbright it will have taken me around 6/7 months. Ocifers may be slightly longer than that, so look at 8 months to a year.
redtammy279
Report 10 years ago
I have got a place for September this year and I first started my application in 2002 I think! However that was initially for sponsorship I hasten to add! I passed RCB in June 2006 and was then given a delay to finish uni.

I would suggest you start your application now - unlike with the RAF once you have passed RCB/AOSB you have until you are 28, or 8 years from passing, whichever comes first, to enter Sandhurst, so you might as well do it now and have the best chance of getting onto the Sept 09 CC. September intakes tend to be the most popular because they are the first course to start after graduations.
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*2 years to take up your Sandhurst offer, but yes you are correct in that 28 is the age limit.
redtammy279
Report 10 years ago
2 years now? Wow that has gone down a lot because it was definitely up to 8 when I was going through (hence it will be more than 2 years between me passing and my place at Sandhurst) Wonder if they got lots of people coming back 8 years after passing RCB the size of a house and unable to walk 1.5 miles let alone run it.............
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I'm pretty sure it's two as people were discussing travelling etc. over on Arrse. I'll have a check later. Off to bed now!
flugelr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's 7 years to take up the offer. I had a chat with my officer careers guy just t'other week
Ducki
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flugelr)
it's 7 years to take up the offer. I had a chat with my officer careers guy just t'other week
Seven years!? I got 15 days
Spindle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
About 6 months for the Army.

I sat my first interviews in March as was told to expect a September Sandhurst date if I passed AOSB.

Much better than the RAF's current timekeeping.
Spindle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Venom)
*2 years to take up your Sandhurst offer, but yes you are correct in that 28 is the age limit.
Sure, careers bloke told me 5.

Seems we have all sorts of answers on here.
Lady Venom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Agreed.... Arrse says all sorts as well!

Found something that says 7 years. Maybe I'm confusing it with the AOSB validity period. Nice to see you back Spindle - we need some more green on here!
Spiral Architect
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quote from my AOSB letter:

"This selection is valid for 7 years from today or to the RMAS upper age limit, whichever is the earlier"
Ducki
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Venom)
^ Agreed.... Arrse says all sorts as well!

Found something that says 7 years. Maybe I'm confusing it with the AOSB validity period. Nice to see you back Spindle - we need some more green on here!
Whats up with Arrse just lately? I can't get on
flugelr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ducki)
Whats up with Arrse just lately? I can't get on
They re-vamped the site. New skin and everytinhg. It is online now though
Ducki
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flugelr)
They re-vamped the site. New skin and everytinhg. It is online now though
I got the revamp, but since yesterday, all I get when going onto the site is a blank white screen
Spindle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's working fine for me just now.

Try clearing your cache and doing a hard refresh when on the forum?

SA, cheers for the gen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1019)
79.18%
Leave (268)
20.82%

Watched Threads