Sheffield Hallam University Clearing 2019 is now open Watch

Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
*** CLEARING hotline is still open 0330 024 6390 until Friday 23 August ***

Hi

Are you thinking of applying for a course through Clearing 2019?

We're open for applications - you can apply today. Call us on 0330 024 6390.

You can also sign up for clearing updates so we can help guide you through the process. https://www4.shu.ac.uk/ad/clearing/

If you have any burning questions, ask away! And don't worry - things will work out!

Helen & Bridget
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 2 days ago
Nickeh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I put a last minute application in as a mature student last week, should I be worried that the course has opened for clearing but I haven't heard anything?
Last edited by Nickeh; 1 month ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nickeh)
Hi, I put a last minute application in as a mature student last week, should I be worried that the course has opened for clearing but I haven't heard anything?
Hi Nickeh

We are so happy to hear you have applied to SHU!

The course will have gone into clearing because there will be several places available on the course. I wouldn't worry about this as you only put in your application last week so it may not have been reviewed yet. If you have any questions about the status of your application you can contact admissions on 0114 225 5555.

Thanks
Helen
eve_tx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I was thinking of applying through clearing to either Biology or Biology with foundation year. However I only got an E in A level Biology and an E in Maths. Would I be able to go through clearing for either of these courses? My GCSEs are all A*s, As or Bs, but A levels just didnt go to plan😢
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by eve_tx)
Hi I was thinking of applying through clearing to either Biology or Biology with foundation year. However I only got an E in A level Biology and an E in Maths. Would I be able to go through clearing for either of these courses? My GCSEs are all A*s, As or Bs, but A levels just didnt go to plan😢
Hi eve_tx

I'm sorry to hear your A levels didn't go as planned, but try not to be too disheartened there are always other options. If you look on the SHU website it will tell you the entry level requirements through clearing.

Foundation year: https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/biosci...year/full-time

Thanks
Helen
notpetersmj
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello! If I don't get the grades to my firm choice, Sheffield Hallam University will be my first choice to go through with clearing! I have a few questions though:1)I have got a medicine offer at a Uni elsewhere and I also have a genuine interest in Accounting and Finance at your University. Is the massive course jump a big problem? Will it decrease my chances of getting an offer through clearing? 2)At what time can I call to apply for a course through clearing, on Results Day? 3)Do you guys give on the phone interviews for Accounting and Finance? 4)What are the type of things do you guys ask for? eg, GCSE grades, A level grades etc.. 5)On Results day, do I just contact you guys through this phone number, or are there specific phone numbers for each course available in clearing? 6)If I was to get an offer from you, would you want me to alter my UCAS application afterwards, e.g, a personal statement written more towards Accounting and Finance?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by notpetersmj)
Hello! If I don't get the grades to my firm choice, Sheffield Hallam University will be my first choice to go through with clearing! I have a few questions though:1)I have got a medicine offer at a Uni elsewhere and I also have a genuine interest in Accounting and Finance at your University. Is the massive course jump a big problem? Will it decrease my chances of getting an offer through clearing? 2)At what time can I call to apply for a course through clearing, on Results Day? 3)Do you guys give on the phone interviews for Accounting and Finance? 4)What are the type of things do you guys ask for? eg, GCSE grades, A level grades etc.. 5)On Results day, do I just contact you guys through this phone number, or are there specific phone numbers for each course available in clearing? 6)If I was to get an offer from you, would you want me to alter my UCAS application afterwards, e.g, a personal statement written more towards Accounting and Finance?
Hi notpetersmj

See answers below:

1) I have got a medicine offer at a Uni elsewhere and I also have a genuine interest in Accounting and Finance at your University. Is the massive course jump a big problem? Will it decrease my chances of getting an offer through clearing?

The course jump shouldn't be a problem as each application is considered on individual merit. As long as you meet the requirements that's fine. Sheffield Business School don't specify subject areas.

2) At what time can I call to apply for a course through clearing, on Results Day?

On results day you can call anytime between 6.30am and 7pm - 0330 024 6390

3) Do you guys give on the phone interviews for Accounting and Finance?

So once you have logged your application with the clearing team, you will then be directed to the faculty. Each faculty do things slightly differently. You'll have a chat with them and discuss all your options.

4) What are the type of things do you guys ask for? eg, GCSE grades, A level grades etc..

We ask for GCSE grades, A -Levels, passion for your subject

5) On Results day, do I just contact you guys through this phone number, or are there specific phone numbers for each course available in clearing?

Just use this phone number for all courses in clearing - 0330 024 6390

6) If I was to get an offer from you, would you want me to alter my UCAS application afterwards, e.g, a personal statement written more towards Accounting and Finance?

Ask the academic this on the day, it will depend what they want you to do.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Bridget
aichan227
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I received a unconditional course change offer to BA Hon Illustration and would like to change this back to BA Hon Illustration with a foundation year. I called the number 03300246390 and chose option 2 for confirmation and was told to email about changing my course. Was I meant to go for option 1 and ask through clearing? I'm not very sure and would like to receive some news as soon as possible.
Rep:
?
Hi aichan227

We're looking into this for you now - will reply back soon,

Thanks
Bridget
Rep:
?
(Original post by aichan227)
Hi, I received a unconditional course change offer to BA Hon Illustration and would like to change this back to BA Hon Illustration with a foundation year. I called the number 03300246390 and chose option 2 for confirmation and was told to email about changing my course. Was I meant to go for option 1 and ask through clearing? I'm not very sure and would like to receive some news as soon as possible.
Hi aichan227

Don't worry about calling back - just email [email protected] with details of your course change.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,
Bridget
aichan227
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi aichan227

Don't worry about calling back - just email [email protected] with details of your course change.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,
Bridget
Thanks Bridget,
I have emailed them and I am waiting for their response.
EveApostel
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by eve_tx)
Hey I’m doing a foundation year in bio, and it was only 64 UCAS points and I screwed up my a levels too ✌🏻
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by EveApostel)
Hey I’m doing a foundation year in bio, and it was only 64 UCAS points and I screwed up my a levels too ✌🏻
Hi EveApostel

Sorry to hear your A-levels didn't go as planned, but good luck for your foundation year and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
Bridget
nisha235
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
i applied for the ODP course but havent got any replies?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by nisha235)
i applied for the ODP course but havent got any replies?
Hi nisha235

If you contact the university and speak to admissions they will be able to update you on the status of your application.

Thanks
Helen
jjf91
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
Hi,
I applied through clearing on sunday for ODP mentioning my qualifications, got a interview on tuesday and got an offer the same day.
I received the email with my conditional offer on wednesday, send it back the same day and today got a email saying they are unable to offer me place.
The offer that I got was based on my qualification, I didn't lie, and sent what was asked of me. How come I got rejected now, if anyone can help? I have made a complain, no way I am letting this happening with me not saying anything.
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 6 Oct '19
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.18%
Worried (305)
17.95%
Terrified (378)
22.25%
Meh (163)
9.59%
Confused (37)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (233)
13.71%
Impatient (213)
12.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise