The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When I was considering what University I wanted to attend, the social aspect was as important as the potential to prepare me for my chosen career.

The University offers a wide range of student-led clubs and societies which vary between campuses. On offer at the Birmingham campus currently is a range of choices from The South Asian Society to The Outdoor Society to The Harry Potter Society!

When you start studying with us, if there isn't a society that really fits what you're looking for, you can start your own! The University will support you in setting up and marketing your society - I am an example of where this has worked, I set up the South Asian Society back in 2015 and it is still running today with a new cohort of students!

Even if you don't join or set up a society, each campus will hold events for all its students throughout the year. These can range from seasonal balls to end of year barbecues. My time at the University has been filled with quiz nights with prizes for the best team and free pizza (the highlight of my academic career) and fancy nights out with my fellow students.

As with any University, freshers week is also observed with a range of activities organised to suit all different audiences.

Regardless of where your interests lie, you can be assured that there will be the chance for you to do something that you enjoy in your spare time. You know what they say... work hard and play hard!

Shehraz
(BPTC Student, Birmingham)
cper1996
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Shehraz,I have just accepted a place for the LPC LLM at the University of Law in Birmingham and I am wondering which student accommodation is the best to live in Birmingham. The university in its website states the Canalside but after a quick research that I had on Google, I found that there are very very bad reviews for that accommodation. So could you please help me? I am looking for something not far away from the ULaw Birmingham, with good transportation if it is possible in a safe location. Thank you very much in advance!
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by cper1996)
Hello Shehraz,I have just accepted a place for the LPC LLM at the University of Law in Birmingham and I am wondering which student accommodation is the best to live in Birmingham. The university in its website states the Canalside but after a quick research that I had on Google, I found that there are very very bad reviews for that accommodation. So could you please help me? I am looking for something not far away from the ULaw Birmingham, with good transportation if it is possible in a safe location. Thank you very much in advance!
Hi!
I see you left a comment for Sheraz. My name is Sherrie. Firstly congratulations on accepting your place at ULaw Birmingham for the LPC LLM. I am also at ULaw Birmingham where I have just finished the LLB and due to start the BPTC LLM in September. I myself, live at home whilst I am studying but a lot of the students/my friends are in student accommodation. Whilst I can't speak from personal experience, I do know my friends have had a really good experience with Canalside. I know some of the perks they have mentioned are the close distance from the accommodation to the uni and also to the city centre. A lot of them have also mentioned that there are a number of students from Aston University who also use Canalside, meaning you have more opportunities from the social side of things. If Canalside doesn't feel the right fit for you, I am happy to look into alternate accommodation which may be better suited for you so you can explore your options. I can also put you in to touch with some of my friends who have stayed at Canalside via this thread.

Sherrie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads