Turn on thread page Beta

I had no idea that LSE even went into extra, particularly for economics....

he applied to med and never got into it, hes on 3 A's in chem, bio and maths. he never even changed his PS lol.. just a shot in the dark, and today he got a call and telling him he had an offer..

i wish i applied to do accounting at LSE.. if i get AAB, im gonna call them up in hope...

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? I find that very hard to believe...

ReputationRep:
    I saw a pig flying today. It was blue.

(Original post by RJA)
    Wtf? I find that very hard to believe...
    me tooo.. but, hes never lied to me before.. i really doubt he'd lie about this. this is what hes told me;

he applied through extra to do economics "at some place called the london school of economocs"

i said to him.. "do you know how good that is?" he said.. not really, i just thought id apply.

he never changed his PS.. it said stuff like "my dream is to be a doctor etc." so i doubted he would get a place.. then he rang me a few minutes ago and said a woman from LSE rang him up and told him he got a place, he needs to come down to pick accomodation and she sent him an email about course details.. and something about a payment.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no way.

ReputationRep:
    bull****.

(Original post by mypaperheart)
    Absolutely no way.
    i am thinking the same thing BUT.. why would he lie to me? where would he get that name from.. just out of nowhere. i might ask him to forward the email this woman sent him.

ReputationRep:
    No effing way.

This gives me hope.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see some proof if your friend has got in.

ReputationRep:
    good on him! :P this is great for him.

ReputationRep:
    LSE isn't even in extra....

ReputationRep:
    lool.. i wont believe it without proof

can someone tell me what is so unbelievable about this story..? my sticking point is that i never seen or expected LSE to be in clearing.

is it the fact he never changed anything about his application

ReputationRep:
    Those two reasons are exactly why the story is unbelievable OP.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and post it on this thread with the important details like names etc hidden. That's the only way that could convince us it's true. If it isn't..i think your friend might be really pathetic..

Jesus christ. I've seen the admission figures this is quite unlikely.

how can i get proof? wont it seem strange if i say to him.. "sooo.. can you just send me that email u got?"

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats awesome if it's true.

Woah your name is Ali M? - So is mine..

ReputationRep:
    Well thats bloody good going, isnt it? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lol you lot are just jealous and don't WANT to believe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.