The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Wow some are born lucky lol
Imagine all those people that didnt get in through the application process and he just went and got in through extra :rofl:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
cpearson
How is he being self centred? How is he being a ****?
The odds that his friend is right are stacked against him, but what's so wrong in trusting what a friend says? If is friend is lying, then it's his friend that is the ****, not him.

exactly! dont shoot the messenger!
Reply 62
Ali M
hmm.. like i say, hes been my best friend forever and when we wer talking about it he was being deadly serious. so i really dont think he is lying..

there is a remote possibility that he got in.. who knows

You going to LSE next year?
Dionysus
It may seem unlikely, but it's not completely unbelievable with the grades in question. Top Universities have been known to use Extra and especially to use clearing. It's just rare.

LSE wasn't in extra this year (i'd already looked). Sometimes, they do use clearing if not enough people get the grades they need, but extra, nah... economics is already oversubscribed, what would they want to use extra for?
Reply 64
cpearson
How is he being self centred? How is he being a ****?
The odds that his friend is right are stacked against him, but what's so wrong in trusting what a friend says? If is friend is lying, then it's his friend that is the ****, not him.

How the hell can you get to do economics at LSE through extra ... their reputation would be out of the window!!! and calm down, I didn't call you self centred. :s-smilie:
Reply 65
Ali M
exactly! dont shoot the messenger!

Some messenger you are ! :biggrin:
Reply 66
e-lover
You going to LSE next year?

no im not.. i would have liked to but my grades arent good enough so i never applied.
Reply 67
I believe you.

Afterall, I got an EE offer for the medical course at Imperial, despite being predicted CCC for A-levels.. =.=
He's going to be disappointed when he realises it LSB :frown:
Reply 69
I've known so many people get rejected when applying with straight A's at AS, it would be very unfair if this was true...

LSE has a very prestigious name when it comes to economics - I would certainly hope this hasn't happened...
Reply 70
Ok then can someone clear this up..

if your original application is rejected.. what is the next step to use to apply to uni's

its extra isnt it? theres no inbetween step.. if you get rejected by all of them in the first place.. the next opportunity to apply is extra, and then clearing.

clearing hasnt come yet.. so it must have been extra..?
Reply 71
minimo156
How the hell can you get to do economics at LSE through extra ... their reputation would be out of the window!!! and calm down, I didn't call you self centred. :s-smilie:

I know you didn't, but i think it was unfair to say that.

Think i'm going to continue Stalin's economic policy and come back and check this controversial thread later.
Reply 72
Ali M
but medicine is massivley competative.. there was a guy at my college who got rejected from med even though he got FIVE A's at A Level.

so what? many people do...
The BMAT score is much more important;
no good having 5A's if you're not cut out for medicine, is there?.
Reply 73
Contacts?
Reply 74
People, come on, it's bull****. When admission ratio is 1:10, why would they pick a guy from Extra? The OP and his friends are having a little chuckle on behalf of our academic snobbery, lets not give them more laughs.
Why the hell is everybody on here so suspicious?
Reply 76
cpearson
I know you didn't, but i think it was unfair to say that.

Think i'm going to continue Stalin's economic policy and come back and check this controversial thread later.

Stalin had an economic policy? I thought he just threw his opponents in Gulags ... damn soviets :biggrin:
Reply 77
I Have The Email.

It Says Ese. What The **** Is Ese.
Reply 78
Desiret91
I believe you.

Afterall, I got an EE offer for the medical course at Imperial, despite being predicted CCC for A-levels.. =.=

what :eek:
you must have done amazing in your BMAT, surely?
Medicine is an entirely different thing.
Economics at LSE is all about grades; even GCSEs (a lot!).
Reply 79
Ali M
I Have The Email.

It Says Ese. What The **** Is Ese.

:rofl: European school of Economics. ahahahhaah.

Latest

Trending

Trending