The Student Room Group

Should I take double or triple science

I am in top set science in year 10. We just got our mock results and in Chemistry i got a 6 and physics I got a 7. I know that a six is not bad but my teacher said if you got a six or below you should consider double science. I was disappointed because I had done a lot of in-depth revision and was not pleased with a six. I am capable of taking triple science although I am debating taking double science. This is because I do not want a career or A-levels in science. I would also prefer to spend my time revising other subjects more than trying to cover all science content. At my school By the end of year 10 everyone has done all of the double science content and next year if you do double science you will spend the whole year revising where as if you do triple you learn the triple content. I think the year revising sounds very appealing rather than tackling the hall the content. I would prefer to get to eights in double science than 2 7s in triple. Is triple science much more valued than double science? What should i do???
Take triple. Trust me its only 1 more module per science and its not that much more work. A 6 is acc good, ur teachers can **** off because they told me i wasnt capable of triple i n ended up with 3 A's when i did it
Reply 2
personally i think that if you don't want a career in science or you don't want to do it for A levels then there's not much point in taking triple. Triple just has a little bit extra on the curricular that only helps a LiTtLE bit when taking A level science.

BuT... most teachers say that the combined science exam is harder than the triple exam... but there's less content in combined than triple.

I think you should take some time to decide if you do or don't want to take A level science... if you don't... i don't think triple is worth it, because combined would allow you to spend more time to study other subjects.

Hope that was somewhat useful??
Original post by Evie78787823
I am in top set science in year 10. We just got our mock results and in Chemistry i got a 6 and physics I got a 7. I know that a six is not bad but my teacher said if you got a six or below you should consider double science. I was disappointed because I had done a lot of in-depth revision and was not pleased with a six. I am capable of taking triple science although I am debating taking double science. This is because I do not want a career or A-levels in science. I would also prefer to spend my time revising other subjects more than trying to cover all science content. At my school By the end of year 10 everyone has done all of the double science content and next year if you do double science you will spend the whole year revising where as if you do triple you learn the triple content. I think the year revising sounds very appealing rather than tackling the hall the content. I would prefer to get to eights in double science than 2 7s in triple. Is triple science much more valued than double science? What should i do???

Quick Reply

Latest