The Student Room Group

Should I take double or triple science

I am in top set science in year 10. We just got our mock results and in Chemistry i got a 6 and physics I got a 7. I know that a six is not bad but my teacher said if you got a six or below you should consider double science. I was disappointed because I had done a lot of in-depth revision and was not pleased with a six. I am capable of taking triple science although I am debating taking double science. This is because I do not want a career or A-levels in science. I would also prefer to spend my time revising other subjects more than trying to cover all science content. At my school By the end of year 10 everyone has done all of the double science content and next year if you do double science you will spend the whole year revising where as if you do triple you learn the triple content. I think the year revising sounds very appealing rather than tackling the hall the content. I would prefer to get to eights in double science than 2 7s in triple. Is triple science much more valued than double science? What should i do???
It doesn't matter whether you do double or triple science even if you do go on to do A-level or degree level STEM subjects, so if you aren't interested in that and you think you can get better marks doing double, I see no reason for you not to just do double.

Quick Reply

Latest