Jessie07
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
I will be now graduating from BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy. I am 25 yet I am a bit unsure what direction to go with my career.

I am wondering what would be the pros / cons if I decide to study psychology (not conversion). If it would be helpful and broaden my h options - for example could I still be OT but perhaps focus on mental health or choose something slighlty different in mental health but still use my occupational lense. Or would it not enable me things which masters in OT does?

To be honest I am not really sure what direction to go caareer-wise. I have plenty of interests and hobbies and am interested in everything. I would decide to go work abroad for a year and teach English, then maybe take an internship just so I get myself to know better and what I want. However, if I continue studying I might still get some financial help from my family which offers obviously much easier conditions for studying than if you have to have FT job and study...

Thank you for any advice!
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It isn't clear to me what you mean by mental health.

If you include support worker in that you can get that with a couple of references and sign up with an agency.
Jessie07
Rep:
?
Hi,
sorry I have not been really clear with that. Within OT it can be really anything but still OT. While outside OT I ment positions like psychological support, counselling, wellbeing practitioner , maybe play therapy,... I do not have a single idea about that.
(Original post by marinade)
It isn't clear to me what you mean by mental health.

If you include support worker in that you can get that with a couple of references and sign up with an agency.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jessie07)
Hi,
sorry I have not been really clear with that. Within OT it can be really anything but still OT. While outside OT I ment positions like psychological support, counselling, wellbeing practitioner , maybe play therapy,... I do not have a single idea about that.
Those are all very different areas. What did you mean by wellbeing practitioner? Wellbeing practitioner and various titles or Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner?
Jessie07
Rep:
?
well at our uni we have wellbeing practicioner for example. She is OT and is concerned with general wellbeing of students.
(Original post by marinade)
Those are all very different areas. What did you mean by wellbeing practitioner? Wellbeing practitioner and various titles or Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (349)
43.41%

Watched Threads