Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What topic do you think will come up tomorrow? I've heard a few people say the Liberal reforms, but was just wondering what everyone thought.

2005 - Liberal Reforms
    2006 - British Home front

Does anyone know what 2007 and 2004 were on?

ReputationRep:
    2007 was women's suffrage. I'm guessing it will be British home front. Everybody seems to be saying liberal reforms though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by definite_maybe)
    2007 was women's suffrage. I'm guessing it will be British home front. Everybody seems to be saying liberal reforms though.
    Thanks! At least it's 90% not Women's Suffrage - there's so much more to learn for that, it's the only one I haven't managed to condense to one A4 page.

ReputationRep:
    one A4 page? god, my notes go on forever for some reason...

I'm thinking in my mind... probabilities...

0.55 lib reforms
    0.35 home front
    0.1 women (hopefully, as I've barely looked at the topic )

If women come up, I'm screwed.
    If the home front comes up, I'm mildly screwed
    And if lib reforms come up I will be very happy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually think there is much to learn. I've just gone over a list of key dates for each topic and read through the rest. I'm much more worried about physics tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually think there is much to learn. I've just gone over a list of key dates for each topic and read through the rest. I'm much more worried about physics tomorrow.
    Same.. Phyics is going to be a tough ride...

Personally I think its going to be on home front.... because everyone thinks its going to be lib reforms, so I think OCR won't have done this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolsihboy)
    Same.. Phyics is going to be a tough ride...

Personally I think its going to be on home front.... because everyone thinks its going to be lib reforms, so I think OCR won't have done this
    Yeah, but home front insn't too bad. Recruitment posters, DORA, rationing and women's war work.

Physics, I'm going to fail. Only know half of it, and I don't even know that well.

ReputationRep:
    i think its gonna be on lib. reforms
    am i the only one who finds the women's suffrage easy?...i so wish it was going to be on that
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estherbh)
    i think its gonna be on lib. reforms
    am i the only one who finds the women's suffrage easy?...i so wish it was going to be on that
    x
    I think it's all quite easy, but there's more to learn for women's suffrage.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the topics themselves I find difficult, it's how to answer the question and analyse the source. I would prefer it to be women's suffrage though

ReputationRep:
    It's not the topics themselves I find difficult, it's how to answer the question and analyse the source. I would prefer it to be women's suffrage though
    If you go to http://www.mrallsophistory.com/revision.html Under the heading "Exam Skills", there's a podcast called Succeeding at Sourcework. That might help.

ReputationRep:
    2003 - Suffragettes
    2004 - Home Front (Recruitment?)
    2005 - Liberal Reforms (Effectiveness)
    2006 - Home Front (Propaganda)
    2007 - Votes for Women
    2008 - ?

Lib Reforms is the only one that hasn't come up twice, but, Home Front has come up once every 2 years, mainly because there are far more sources and information on it.
    Lib Reforms will come up 2008 or 2009 though. Just hope its tomorrow cos I know them a lot, although the same is true of Home Front work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w3lshrugby)
    2003 - Suffragettes
    2004 - Home Front (Recruitment?)
    2005 - Liberal Reforms (Effectiveness)
    2006 - Home Front (Propaganda)
    2007 - Votes for Women
    2008 - ?

Lib Reforms is the only one that hasn't come up twice, but, Home Front has come up once every 2 years, mainly because there are far more sources and information on it.
    Lib Reforms will come up 2008 or 2009 though. Just hope its tomorrow cos I know them a lot, although the same is true of Home Front work
    Thanks! Where did you find out all of this?

ReputationRep:
    I think my bet would have to placed on a paper focusing on why liberal reforms came into place.

Either that, or a home front paper, but not on war propaganda... more on DORA, rationing, that sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher told us, and we've seen past papers.

EDIT: I agree with Rachel above...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.