PGCE interview help Watch

MissJolly
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've been very lucky and got interviews for the Drama PGCE coming up but I've panicked myself into a corner and don't really know where to start with it all. Can anyone help please? Thanks.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey MissJolly!

Congratulations on getting an interview!

First of all, although it's easier than it sounds...try not to panic!

Secondly, make sure you remember what you have already told them about yourself. I would suggest making a copy of your personal statement and re-reading it before the interview so if they do ask you any questions regarding it, you won't struggle to answer.

Next, I would make sure that you are familiar with any current events in the education sector, although your specific subject is Drama, it's good to know other information as a key quality of teaching is adaptability.

Additionally, make sure you know why you want to be a teacher and to convey your passion towards the subject! These are often questions which are asked and although they appear simple, it can be hard to think of an answer on the spot.

Finally, be yourself! Let your own personality shine and be confident whilst doing so, this is important in all subjects but probably more so in Drama!

It's normal to be nervous and remember that if they did not think you were a worthy candidate, you wouldn't have got an interview!

Best of luck,

Mia :rave:

P.s. Here are some helpful links!
The Complete University Guide
UCAS
Get Into Teaching

(Original post by MissJolly)
I've been very lucky and got interviews for the Drama PGCE coming up but I've panicked myself into a corner and don't really know where to start with it all. Can anyone help please? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads