Predict Your SQA Results! Watch

fucthesqa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ahah yeah , thanks man!
(Original post by The_RobDob)
interesting username, best of luck with geography!
fucthesqa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh where are you looking to study?

Good luck with maths !

And yeah I was thinking that also but would jut be frustrating because I’m decent at geography , got an A2 at Nat 5 with a shocking assignment 11/20. Just want to get 5 As .

Yeah I got a C in the English prelim which was surprising because at Nat 5 I got As throughout the year and found it really easy, I think I did better in the exam though , the papers were quite fair and I did decent in the portfolio said my teacher.

Thank you, you also, hope you get what you want!
(Original post by 123543)
Another prospective law student here! I'm in the same boat with maths being close for an A or B.

I'm sure if you write a strong personal statement and do well on the LNAT, a B in geography won't massively disadvantage you. How did you do at N5?

It would be different if the A was in English or Modern Studies, however, if it's a borderline in geography it won't be a massive barrier. Also, you can put in for a marker review, particularly if it's the assignment that has brought you down.

Best of luck for results day! You will have done really well
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm hoping to apply for Cambridge, however, I'd be delighted with Edinburgh or Aberdeen. Not applying to Glasgow, unfortunately.

Thank you!

Yeah, the social subject assignments can really be a test of how much you can write in 1 hr 30 mins.

I'm the same, I just really want 5 As.

I'm sure you will have done well in the English exam - I agree the papers were definitely fair and the folio is always a good place to pick up marks. Writing on a controversial issue like Indyref2 maybe was a mistake though haha. Never mind.

Yeah, best of luck! It's getting close!
(Original post by fucthesqa)
Oh where are you looking to study?

Good luck with maths !

And yeah I was thinking that also but would jut be frustrating because I’m decent at geography , got an A2 at Nat 5 with a shocking assignment 11/20. Just want to get 5 As .

Yeah I got a C in the English prelim which was surprising because at Nat 5 I got As throughout the year and found it really easy, I think I did better in the exam though , the papers were quite fair and I did decent in the portfolio said my teacher.

Thank you, you also, hope you get what you want!
Airie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nat 5:
Maths-A
English-A
French-A
Chemistry-A (Maybe? I wrote a load of rubbish for both open questions so who knows?)
Computing-A
Physics-B/C
I was so confident for physics after my prelims (I got a high A) but i bombed every electrical circuit question in the actual exam whoops, but I only need 5 A's so its not the end of the world.
Valeriex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
N5:

maths: A/B (depending on boundaries I got about 75% on the unofficial markscheme)
english: C (really hoping that set text and RUAE pull me up but all the essays and folios were terrible)
spanish: A
french: B
bio: A
chem: A/B (hoping assignment pulls me up or low grade boundaries)
music: A (as long as that stupid composition passes)
Valeriex
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm really nervous because I don't want to redo N5 english then have to do higher in S6. School says that if I want to do something in the medical field I'll need at least a N5 english but preferably higher.
cna1806
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not to toot my horn but:
AH Maths: A/B
AH Biology A/B
Crash H Chem: A
I need an A in Higher Chemistry to do biomedical science. I really hope they don't increase the grade boundaries too much because people on Twitter were going on about how the exam was "amazing" or an "absolute god send". Can't wait until this fiasco is over.
Last edited by cna1806; 4 weeks ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cna1806)
Not to toot my horn but:
AH Maths: A/B
AH Biology A/B
Crash H Chem: A
I need an A in Higher Chemistry to do biomedical science. I really hope they don't increase the grade boundaries too much because people on Twitter were going on about how the exam was "amazing" or an "absolute god send". Can't wait until this fiasco is over.
Hope you get what you need!
MLM99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Higher Business Management - A
Higher English - A
Higher History - A
Higher Modern Studies - A
Higher RMPS - A

None of my exams went badly or were extremely good, therefore I am just going with about what I have been averaging throughout the year. It’s weird; I’m expecting 5As but I wouldn’t be shocked if I only got Bs and Cs - just a really weird feeling about Results this year unlike last year.
MLM99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel like it’s a good omen that I am currently waiting to fly out of Gate A1 at Heathrow, lol.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have friends hoping to apply for medicine who have an N5 in English but didn't do the Higher and the universities they are hoping to apply to say that's absolutely fine. I'm not sure this is the case for all universities though, so phone up admissions departments of the various universities you hope to apply to, and just ask about Higher English.

If you find it more difficult than another academic subject, then it makes sense to take something else.

I'm sure you will have done well at N5. Best of luck for rests day!
(Original post by Valeriex)
I'm really nervous because I don't want to redo N5 english then have to do higher in S6. School says that if I want to do something in the medical field I'll need at least a N5 english but preferably higher.
catsandhats
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
AH Music - A
AH Bio - B/C
AH Maths - C/D
Crash Higher Chem - B/C

I'm never normally nervous for exam results but I need to get ABB to make my conditions for Glasgow and I'm so scared I've messed up. I really feel like all the exams could go anyway apart from music. Quite nice to see there are other people in the same boat of worrying about conditions though since all my friends have had their unconditional offers since January ://
S_x_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this for medicine? If so I’m the same as you ABB
(Original post by catsandhats)
AH Music - A
AH Bio - B/C
AH Maths - C/D
Crash Higher Chem - B/C

I'm never normally nervous for exam results but I need to get ABB to make my conditions for Glasgow and I'm so scared I've messed up. I really feel like all the exams could go anyway apart from music. Quite nice to see there are other people in the same boat of worrying about conditions though since all my friends have had their unconditional offers since January ://
catsandhats
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah it is How are you feeling about it?
(Original post by S_x_x)
Is this for medicine? If so I’m the same as you ABB
Fhhdndjdj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow you got an offer for Glasgow, what was your ukcat?
catsandhats
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it was 726 and a band 2. Seems like so long ago since I sat it hahaha. Have you applied for medicine too?
(Original post by Fhhdndjdj)
Wow you got an offer for Glasgow, what was your ukcat?
S_x_x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m not too sure to be honest, could go either way, but definitely I’m really scared
aingidh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't feel like I need to be too nervous about my N5s as I'm staying on to S5, but I'm still having a bit of anxiety over opening the letter. Maybe it's because it's my first set of results and I haven't experienced it yet?
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Predictions:
Higher Maths - A
Higher English - A
Higher Physics - A
Higher Chemistry - A
Higher Computing Science - A

Requirements:
4B's at Higher for Software Engineering BSc at Glasgow (Graduate Apprenticeship so these are just the minimum req's)

Optimistic with fingers crossed for results day, hope everyone gets what they want
cna1806
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aingidh)
I don't feel like I need to be too nervous about my N5s as I'm staying on to S5, but I'm still having a bit of anxiety over opening the letter. Maybe it's because it's my first set of results and I haven't experienced it yet?
I think nerves increase as you go on through the years. Which funnily enough you'd think otherwise because you'd assume you get used to it but as the years go on more pressure is added onto each results day.
So for most people there isn't much riding on their Nat5 results, however a lot is riding on Higher and AdvHigher results from S5/S6. Especially if you have a conditional offer for a university. But I think every qualification has importance in it's own right from Nat3 to Advanced Higher. But good luck nonetheless!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by cna1806; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (15)
16.48%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
25.27%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (33)
36.26%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.1%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.59%