The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, vaguest question ever. Some people will get in some places for medicine or things like that, others not so much. Secondly, what's this got to do with deferred entry?
Reply 2
I don't understand
Are you asking if you defer your entry then will you get a place for medicine?

If you defer your entry and meet your offer then I'm presuming you'll get in..

Confused sorry lol
Reply 3
generalebriety
Firstly, vaguest question ever. Some people will get in some places for medicine or things like that, others not so much. Secondly, what's this got to do with deferred entry?

i meant deffered entry for medicine
Reply 4
What about deffered entry Lol...
shriya
i meant deffered entry for medicine

That still doesn't help. Who are you, what stage of education are you at, and why would deferring your entry disadvantage you?
Reply 6
i just mean what are the chances of people making it to university if they apply for deffered entry in medicine.
Reply 7
Deferring your entry means having a year off before uni.
If you meet your offer and you have deferred entry then you will get to do your course I'm presuming
Reply 8
generalebriety
That still doesn't help. Who are you, what stage of education are you at, and why would deferring your entry disadvantage you?

i am doing my AS levels, right now, and i was just wondering how many people get in,if they apply for deffered entry to medicine.
lol i dont know, what's so confusing about my post
Reply 9
I applied for medicine for deferred entry and got 3 interviews but didn't get any offers, although that could just be cos I'm a bit rubbish tbh lol.
Reply 10
sozzberry
I applied for medicine for deferred entry and got 3 interviews but didn't get any offers, although that could just be cos I'm a bit rubbish lol.

oh where all did you apply?
Reply 11
lol its very vague. if you get the grades for medicine u will get into the uni but the year later!xx
shriya
i am doing my AS levels, right now, and i was just wondering how many people get in,if they apply for deffered entry to medicine.
lol i dont know, what's so confusing about my post

You asked the chances of a person getting in for medicine. That depends on who they are, how good they are at their subjects, their passion for medicine, the university, their grades and the quality of applicants to that university in that year. It's not really a question that can be answered. If you decide to be more specific in your question, perhaps someone can help you, but asking vague questions will only get you vague answers like "some". (Or wrong ones.)
Reply 13
Its the way how you wrote your post :eek: :rofl: what might be simple to you may be either confusing/misleading to us.

I know someone who deferred their entry to do medicine at UCL.They were fine they got in had their year off then went to uni.
Reply 14
St Andrews, Birmingham, Bristol and Kings.
sozzberry

what about them?
Reply 16
PindropSilence
what about them?

i think he means they are approving of deffered entry
Reply 17
sozzberry

well i m not too keen on Birmingham,havent heard of st.andrews but Bristol and Kings are good IMO.
Reply 18
shriya
i think he means they are approving of deffered entry

No, you asked where she applied.
Reply 19
Jhawkins
No, you asked where she applied.

oh yeah i just got confused thanks!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending