The Student Room Group

EU national Postgraduate Master Loan for Distance Learning

I am EU national; in order to get the Postgraduate Master Loan for Distance Learning MSc i have to live in England on the FIRST DAY of my COURSE or on the FIRST DAY of the ACADEMIC YEAR?

Thank you
Doina
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Doina.do
I am EU national; in order to get the Postgraduate Master Loan for Distance Learning MSc i have to live in England on the FIRST DAY of my COURSE or on the FIRST DAY of the ACADEMIC YEAR?

Thank you
Doina

Hi Doina,

PGM is available to English domiciled students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. EU nationals who have 3 years address history in the UK will be classed as a UK domiciled student and therefore UK domicile students must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of their course. Or EU nationals who have spent all of part of 3 years in the EU/EEA will be classed as EU domiciled student must be an EU/EEA national on the first day of the first academic year of their course in England. These students are not required to be resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of their course.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
As EU national (who have spent all part of last 3 years in the EU) for obtaining PGM DISTANCE LEARNING for EU national i have to be domicilied in England on the first day of may course or on the first day of the academic year?
My MSc starts at 1st of November and the academic year starts at 1st of September. I have to live in England starting 1st of September or starting 1st of November? Can you please answer clearly because i am even more confused after reading this.

Thank you,
Doina
Original post by Doina.do
As EU national (who have spent all part of last 3 years in the EU) for obtaining PGM DISTANCE LEARNING for EU national i have to be domicilied in England on the first day of may course or on the first day of the academic year?
My MSc starts at 1st of November and the academic year starts at 1st of September. I have to live in England starting 1st of September or starting 1st of November? Can you please answer clearly because i am even more confused after reading this.

Thank you,
Doina

Hi Doina,

Apologies for the confusion, if you are an EU student as long as you are in England for the 1st of November.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending