Advice please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically, I've been in a 10 month relationship with this guy from Uni. We come from different cultures and but his family is more accepting than mine. His family knows about me, about us. Yet mine don't for the fact i know they won't accept it. Because i have my family on soical media he can't comment on some of my pictures. Today, i commented on one of his posts about how good he looked. He told me to detele it. When i asked why, he said he can't post anything on mine so i can't on his. I felt like that was immature and petty? I'm not sure how to take it? I was annoyed, I'm not sure if i still am. It's the excuse he used, its like he doesn't understand why he can't? I think that its just unfair? Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically, I've been in a 10 month relationship with this guy from Uni. We come from different cultures and but his family is more accepting than mine. His family knows about me, about us. Yet mine don't for the fact i know they won't accept it. Because i have my family on soical media he can't comment on some of my pictures. Today, i commented on one of his posts about how good he looked. He told me to detele it. When i asked why, he said he can't post anything on mine so i can't on his. I felt like that was immature and petty? I'm not sure how to take it? I was annoyed, I'm not sure if i still am. It's the excuse he used, its like he doesn't understand why he can't? I think that its just unfair? Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated
He is being immature. He needs to understand that your family is different to his. You have to make it clear that you aren't doing it out of spite but for the sake of your family not having a go at you about it. Whether he decides to accept that is really his decision.

Or you have to just accept that this is the compromise that you have to deal with on social media. It's hard with conflicting cultures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%
Putting on a brave face (244)
13.81%
Impatient (217)
12.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise