Scroll to see replies

I got an A*! :biggrin:
Original post by TenaciousMonkey

Congratulations :party:

Congrats! :smile:

BTW where in the EPQ do you have to analyse the range of sources that you used. Is it in the Bibliography or on a separate page? Thanks

We get our results in February (I think) :s-smilie:
Original post by Natalie21
Congratulations :party:

Thanks! :smile:

Original post by jmillslittle
Congrats! :smile:

BTW where in the EPQ do you have to analyse the range of sources that you used. Is it in the Bibliography or on a separate page? Thanks

We get our results in February (I think) :s-smilie:

I'm not sure it matters where it is as long as something's there... I did mine on a seperate page and added it as an appendix.
Reply 2444

Congrats!!!:rave: When did you hand yours in?
I'm doing an EPQ on a laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder surgery) and was just wondering if anyone has managed to get their articles published in an international journal?
Original post by blue_
Congrats!!!:rave: When did you hand yours in?

Thanks! I handed everything in October, I think :smile:
Anyone else do this qualification? I got my result today, not sure if that's a day my school decided on or a general AQA result day :biggrin:
I'm doing it at the moment.

What did you get, and do you have any general tips for obtaining high grades?

Hmmm... I don't know what to do. I'm thinking crystallography and the enthalpies of oxides against hydroxides or something. :s
hey, just got back from a meeting on the EPQ and I had no idea it was required to fit into a category.
How obscure can you get?
Did anyone do an 'obscure' project?
And what are the rules? I just remember in one subject being restricted to not mentioning Hitler or breasts.... however genitals were fine??? so, is this the same?
Has anyone successfully merged science with art?
YAYYY got an A* .... was nottt expecting that!!!!!!
Original post by TheatreLovely
I'm doing it at the moment.

What did you get, and do you have any general tips for obtaining high grades?

I got an A :smile:
I wouldn't say I have too many 'tips' as such... I just got so into my topic and wrote in sections. I chose something I had a personal interest in and something I found controversial and had lots to say about! Alot of it is about organisation and self-reflection at the end, which is great!
Original post by whatsername2009
I see what you mean - for the same reason, a lot of medicine applicants do a medicine-related EPQ to demonstrate that they have some idea of what the degree will involve, and that's applicable to any subject you haven't studied at A-level, e.g. Anthropology. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about it, as I'm a first year at university studying English Literature and my EPQ was literature-based, but I'm sure there are others on the forum who could advise you. Is there a particular area of anthropology that interests you?

What did you do your EPQ on? I too am hoping to study english at Uni and was wondering what type of thing would be good to base it on, and if it really needs to be based on English at all really.
And also, I heard from someone that an EPQ requires public speaking at some point? I'm not sure if this is true or not so I just wanted some sort of clarification.. (I cant speak in public for my life!!)
Original post by forever182x
What did you do your EPQ on? I too am hoping to study english at Uni and was wondering what type of thing would be good to base it on, and if it really needs to be based on English at all really.
And also, I heard from someone that an EPQ requires public speaking at some point? I'm not sure if this is true or not so I just wanted some sort of clarification.. (I cant speak in public for my life!!)

It's best to write about something related to the degree course you want to do - I knew I wanted to study English Literature, so I wrote my EPQ as an extended essay on Elizabeth Gaskell's representation of the working classes in her industrial novels. If you have a favourite author, genre and/or literary period, that's a good place to start.

It's true that you have to give some kind of presentation at the end of the project explaining what you wrote about and how you went about it, but it's really not as intimidating as it sounds. It doesn't have to be long (maybe 15-20 minutes, which feels like no time at all when you're speaking) and you can choose your audience. I gave my presentation to my supervisor's A-level English Lit class, most of whom were people I knew and liked, and a friend gave hers in our German class, which including her and me comprised three people (all friends) and our teacher, who was her supervisor. Trust me - I hate public speaking, but it really wasn't scary at all, even when I had to take questions at the end from audience members, because I knew the subject matter so well after doing a project on it.
Are there any limits on how many websites you can use for research? I heard that in dissertations websites are allowed to take up 10% of your research.
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
I got an A :smile:
I wouldn't say I have too many 'tips' as such... I just got so into my topic and wrote in sections. I chose something I had a personal interest in and something I found controversial and had lots to say about! Alot of it is about organisation and self-reflection at the end, which is great!

YAY Well done thats amazing :biggrin: x
Original post by Jackkkkk
YAY Well done thats amazing :biggrin: x

Oh really? What did you get genius? :dancing:
Hello! This is the title I thought of for my essay: 'Do the communist countries of the 20th-21st centuries show that communism can only be enforced using oppression?'

Is that too broad, and does the fact that I'm studying the USSR at A-level mean that it's too close to my subject? I intend to specifically centre my essay around North Korea, but mention the USSR, Vietnam, Cuba etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2459
Original post by qwerty1993
YAYYY got an A* .... was nottt expecting that!!!!!!

How many words did you write?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending