The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

I am doing my CRF in bullet points, do you guys think it matters? or should I do the form in full sentences?
Reply 4661
Three questions:

1) PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WILL YOU DO MY SURVEY!!! I LOVE YOU ALL :biggrin: :biggrin:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N3723X9

2) IF YOU HAVE CF WILL YOU PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE DO THIS SURVEY INSTEAD! :biggrin: :biggrin: I LOVE YOU ALL EVEN MORE :biggrin: :biggrin:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FW2ZBFZ

Both surveys are totally confidential and I am the only one who sees the results. I am happy to do any other surveys in return if there is actually anyone out there who's left it as late as me! :P

3) On a more serious note, does anyone know where in the AQA EPQ do you put your source analysis? Is it part of the log, the EPQ, a separate document?!?!?!?!??!!!??!
Reply 4662
Original post by Marfyy
Just out of curiosity when you guys have been doing EPQs have you had small group/individual meetings with a supervisor related in some way to your topic, or have you been in proper timetabled classes of like 20-25 EPQ students with a supervisor who supervises everyone across 2 classes?

We get one timetabled lesson a week :smile:
Reply 4663
Original post by Cluck
We get one timetabled lesson a week :smile:

How many people are in that lesson? Ish :smile:
Original post by Bloxorus
Just got my final grade back from AQA!

A*!!!! I'm so happy about the fact my hard work paid off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! A huge Well done! Your hard work did pay off!

I hope i can do just as well :smile:
Original post by cardigansandjeans
Wow! A huge Well done! Your hard work did pay off!

I hope i can do just as well :smile:

Thanks!

The main tip I can give you is to put a huge amount of effort into the log and your own progress evaluation, just as much if not more than the essay itself. Only 40% of the marks are for the essay so you can still do really well if your essay isn't that great.
Reply 4666
Original post by Marfyy

About 25? Standard size.
Reply 4667
Original post by Marfyy

There were only five people in my class last year but we started the year with over 30
Reply 4668
Original post by jennie23
There were only five people in my class last year but we started the year with over 30

Oh my gosh! that's how many dropped out? We only had one drop out :eek: ... wish I dropped out now, but I've made some pretty good friends in that class so maybe not
Hi everyone I'm currently working on my EPQ and for some of my primary research I'm doing a survey.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could fill it out. It's on shipbuilding in the UK. Just 5 simple yes/no questions if you're wondering!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WHG9Z5H

Thanks! :smile:
Anyone know how to do a write up for an artefact
i'm planning mine around the influences of tradtional music, so mine isnt a question either, i think that's alright :biggrin:
Reply 4672
Just got to print it all, then i'm officially done with epq on tuesday :smile:
i'm so confused about how to pick my EPQ title i've been thinking about these titles:

- How did the Ottoman empire fall and its effects on modern day Libya
- Why did Constantinople eventually fall
- Why was Suleiman the magnificent earn his title

pleasee help :confused:
Original post by Marfyy
Just out of curiosity when you guys have been doing EPQs have you had small group/individual meetings with a supervisor related in some way to your topic, or have you been in proper timetabled classes of like 20-25 EPQ students with a supervisor who supervises everyone across 2 classes?

We started off with after school meetings (we had like 3 I think before that stopped being a thing). A lot of people dropped out - there were loads doing it initially, but only a handful of us actually managed to complete the project. it was more of a "if you have issues, go talk" thing. I did mine basically on my own so I only really went when I had to so it was pretty infrequent for me, other people might have gone more. It was a really independent thing for us generally though.
Reply 4675
Okay, so a little bit of a problem has come up regarding my EPQ. I've decided to drop maths meaning I can no longer study Physics at university so I will be doing biology at university instead. However, my EPQ is based around Physics. Will this affect my EPQ because I'm not doing it on the subject I'm going to study at university or is it okay?
Reply 4676
Original post by Araishu
Okay, so a little bit of a problem has come up regarding my EPQ. I've decided to drop maths meaning I can no longer study Physics at university so I will be doing biology at university instead. However, my EPQ is based around Physics. Will this affect my EPQ because I'm not doing it on the subject I'm going to study at university or is it okay?

Not really. Its more about the skills you learn than what you produce.
Reply 4677
Original post by Jkizer
Not really. Its more about the skills you learn than what you produce.

Thanks. Just wondered if I should change it before it's too late.
Reply 4678
I've just been accepted to do the EPQ in my school.....so yeah. I now have to 100% decide on what to do for the EPQ & I dont know where to start.

EDIT:
Are there any useful links on TSR or the internet for the EPQ to help you structure it and enable you to get the highest grade possible.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4679
I came across this topic of genetic matchmaking, where they use your genome to match you with another individual. I'd probably make my research based on whether it is actually successful and usable in reality.

Thing is I'm going to be applying for medicine so I want to base my EPQ on something related to that, do you think this topic would be suitable?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending