The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

doivid
From what I remember of her presentation she talked about: the political reasons for the wall, what the role of the wall was, what happened to people who tried to cross the wall, the secret police in Germany and what happened when the wall was taken down. It was more interesting than the girl who talked about eczema for 20 minutes. :smile:

aww poor girl lol. we dont have to do a presentation its not the actual EPQ, well actually they are offering the EPQ to only 20 students but more students are getting the option to do a normal EP. and the thing is i just want to make it really interesting just because if i do then they might allow me to do the qualification. plus i was reading some really cool extended projects like this one girl wrote about the philosophy of time travel. like i could easily do nazi germany but i dont really want to do like the standard thing?
Farhan.Hanif93
You could do one on the smashing that the germans have given to England today?

looool im actually watching the match now. im sooo happy that germany are winning loll although i do think they should have let england have that goal...not that it would have made a difference :P

:woo: deutschlaaaaaaaand!!!!
Reply 862
peach.plum.pear
aww poor girl lol. we dont have to do a presentation its not the actual EPQ, well actually they are offering the EPQ to only 20 students but more students are getting the option to do a normal EP. and the thing is i just want to make it really interesting just because if i do then they might allow me to do the qualification. plus i was reading some really cool extended projects like this one girl wrote about the philosophy of time travel. like i could easily do nazi germany but i dont really want to do like the standard thing?

That makes sense. The best thing you can do is choose a topic that you are really interested in, because it will be easier to write at length and your writing would likely be better than if you chose a generic subject that you have no interest in.
Reply 863
I was thinking about doing a forensic psychology based EPQ, but I can't think of any interesting questions on the subject?

I'm not sure whether to go through with it or not, I'm getting quite stressed out about it because it's good for Uni applications yet I would rather focus on my actual A levels...
Jess1ca
Hello!

I am trying to decide on my EP question. I am hoping to do English Literature at Uni and after it being briefly mentioned in a lesson the other day, I have had the idea of a title regarding the development of the Sonnet. However I don't know if this is going reach my word count.
Alternatively, my teacher mentioned I could study English Literature during the time of Henry VIII (I like English and Henry VIII so she put them together!)
Does anybody have any feedback or suggestions? If I get the question right, I hope to get a good grade and really enjoy this project.
Thank you!

I love your sonnet idea! And I think you'd definitely reach your word count because of going indept with Petrach, Shakespeare and then the people who copied it and now with modernist writers making the form fresh again.

Having said that, I love your teacher's idea too! Personally, if the sonnet idea struck you, you should see where it takes you but I definitely think you're approaching the project in the right way.

Good luck! :smile:
I'm starting my EPQ (Extended project qualification) soon and I am stumped for ideas.
I am currently studying Psychology, sociology and drama & theatre studies, but I would like to do my EPQ centering psychology. Preferably in essay format discluding any practical research - ie. no interviews, questionnaires or investigations. I need to make this actually accomplishable.

Any thoughts??

x
Steer clear imo, I did a psych based essay, finding sources without having to pay is a nightmare. It's not nice to have to scratch around abstracts like some kind of EPQ gypsy.
I am about to start the AQA EPQ (extended project qualification)
I would like to do it centering psychology - at the moment I am studying psychology, sociology and drama & theatre studies (I have just finished AS level examinations)

However, I am stumped for ideas for my extended project. As it is at length, I need something I can write about whilst occupying my interest (I'd like to do it in essay form)

It is not possible for me to do any extensive practical research - ie. no interviews, investigations, questionnaires etc.

Any thoughts for ideas??

x:smile:
Reply 868
Has anyone done/ is thinking of doing any creative writing as part of the EPQ? Can you do that or is it just essays?

Im so stuck for english related ideas, i was thinking some sort of relationship between new poets and old poets...?
you cant do any of those reasearches? we were FORCED to!
xmarilynx

Hey, sorry for the extreme lateness of this post (almost a year :eek: ) but I was just wondering - what specific topic in French did you do your EPQ on? I'm thinking about doing it - and if I did, I'd do something about languages, most likely French - but I have NO IDEA what to do it about :s-smilie:
reallly?
Does the EPQ have to be really researched-based? I wanted to write the essay like an English Lit essay, using a theme and comparing texts from one author.

The only 'research' I would have outside of the books themselves would be a little bit of context/possibly some history and maybe quotes from the author but that's it.
Bella Occhi
Hey, sorry for the extreme lateness of this post (almost a year :eek: ) but I was just wondering - what specific topic in French did you do your EPQ on? I'm thinking about doing it - and if I did, I'd do something about languages, most likely French - but I have NO IDEA what to do it about :s-smilie:

My question was 'to what extent was French absurdist literature inspired by the world wars?'. I'd say literature or cinema (I nearly did nouvelle vague films instead) would make good topics. Good luck with whatever you decide :smile:
Yeah, we had to do secondary and primary research. I did a psychology topic too :smile:
There is a lot of stuff if you base it around depression.
Reply 875
Right... i think i've finally decided on the topic of my EP. I think i'm hopefully going to go with the idea of the affects of addiction (social, neurochemical, emotional etc). I want to do some sort of presentation with my own casestudies and stuff... would i have to do the essay as well?
Does anyone have any other ideas i could use?
Reply 876
Hey, I need some help on formulating a question :biggrin:

I want to do smoething about the Great Depression, and I want to do politics and economics, but I'm having trouble getting it into a specific question, any ideas?
Smiz
Hey, I need some help on formulating a question :biggrin:

I want to do smoething about the Great Depression, and I want to do politics and economics, but I'm having trouble getting it into a specific question, any ideas?

do you want to focus on the policies that led to the Depression or
during it? Or you could look at Andrew Mellon and look into whether he could've pulled the USA out sooner had Hoover not fired him
and brought in Ogden Mills?
I'm hopefully going to start writing mine within the next couple of weeks.

It's titled "An evaluative report on Turkey and its possible accession to the EU"
Reply 879
Ren La
do you want to focus on the policies that led to the Depression or
during it? Or you could look at Andrew Mellon and look into whether he could've pulled the USA out sooner had Hoover not fired him
and brought in Ogden Mills?

Maybe something about how politics and economics changed during it? Thought I quite like your idea, I'll look into it some more, see if any other ideas develop from it :smile:

How is everyone organising their research? I'm completely unorganised and don't want to lose my notes when I';m reading etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending