law Watch

JoshuaRussell16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To any lawyers or law undergraduates: what are the pros and cons of a career in law?
sanjsk03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All depends what type of law you want to enter into. Barristers route is different to a solicitors route. Needless to say, they both are very rewarding and both do require a lot of dedication and commitment.

What stage of education are you at? I am currently an undergraduate Going into my penultimate year and have been to a few open days (which require an application, if you didn't know already) and one first year scheme - which has lead to a fast track to an assessment centre to a vacation scheme. Vacation schemes are an opportunity for employers to get to know you and give the prospective employee an opportunity to gauge whether the firm is for them or not.

Good A levels (Vary firm to firm in relation to their requirements)
Law degree - LPC sponsored by firm or self funded - Training contract 2 years
Non Law degree - GDL conversion - LPC - Training contract

However, the SQE coming into play will change these traditional routes...

I have a close friend who is going through the barrister route and has received a pupillage at a top Chambers. So feel free to ask any questions! I will do my best to answer.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DeactivatedJul19)
Most law graduates don’t go into legal careers, so many won’t be able to comment on the pros and cons of the career.
I thought you had deactivated yourself?
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am waiting for TSR to delete my profile
You can do it yourself via this link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...o=editpassword.
sanjsk03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most law graduates don’t go into legal careers, so many won’t be able to comment on the pros and cons of the career.
This is also very relevant!
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JoshuaRussell16)
To any lawyers or law undergraduates: what are the pros and cons of a career in law?
Post this in the Legal forum and tag flatlined/jacketpotato/Crazy Jamie/The West Wing

No idea why you're asking this question of people who by definition have not gotten round to working full time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads