The Student Room Group

Kicked out Uni

Hey guys, I've been kicked off my course with no option to retake or resit the year. This is the second year of uni. I took a gap year before I came to university too. I'm not too sure what to do right now. I'm turning 21 in the summer and I feel so lost right now. Any advice on what I can/should do?
I have 3Bs at A-level. Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
Edit: I am not allowed to do any summer resits as I did not pass enough modules. I was told if I want to resit the year, I would require an appeal with substantial mitigating circumstances and evidence of it.
I plan to call up other schools within the university to see if they would take me. I will also call other universities too
(edited 4 years ago)
Why were you kicked off?
yeah..why where you kicked? If you have a good reason you can challenge it...if it was a case of you did not do the work then no but still.
Reply 3
Damm this is where your entreprenurial life is gonna start, good luck!
Original post by RaihanC98
Hey guys, I've been kicked off my course with no option to retake or resit the year. This is the second year of uni. I took a gap year before I came to university too. I'm not too sure what to do right now. I'm turning 21 in the summer and I feel so lost right now. Any advice on what I can/should do?

You missed out why you were kicked off. You failed exams and then failed them again and then failed the retake?
Are they giving you a cert he?
Why did you fail?
What A level grades do you have?
Hahahahaha this acc jokes af 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 listen fam reason why you got kicked out of uni must be prolly cause u weren’t serious at first place and must have done suttin stupid inni. If you really want that degree tho. On a level write up a page or two tryna appeal for whatever reason they kicked u out. If they still don’t accept it. Then it is what it is.

Remember tho uni ain’t everything theres hella other options out there .. best one is entrepreneurial life (big up dubz)

Enjoy life G don’t stress over things and take it eazyy!
Reply 6
I've added some more information to my post. I'm just a bit shocked at the moment.
Original post by 999tigger
You missed out why you were kicked off. You failed exams and then failed them again and then failed the retake?
Are they giving you a cert he?
Why did you fail?
What A level grades do you have?
Not Going to Uni : https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/

Yes, you might have to get a job, an apprenticeship, or whatever.
Clearly Uni is not for you.
Reply 8
I've added some more information to my post. I'm just a bit shocked at the moment.

It makes sense to kick you off, seeing as you probably failed more than 3 modules in that same year (meaning you can't obtain a full degree even if you did pass everything in year 3 since you need 360 credits).
I have 3Bs at A-level. Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
Edit: I am not allowed to do any summer resits as I did not pass enough modules. I was told if I want to resit the year, I would require an appeal with substantial mitigating circumstances and evidence of it.
I plan to call up other schools within the university to see if they would take me. I will also call other universities too

Why didnt you pass enough modules/ why did you fail? Sounds like something catastrophic happened?
You didnt work hard enough?
The course was too difficult?
There were other reasons?

Did you have any mitigating circumstances?
How did you do in year 1?

It is very unusual not to be allowed resits or retakes, except at some elite unis or on certain courses such as healthcare. Is this the vet nurse one I was answering last night on a different account?

I cant advise without more information. If you dont want to post it on board then you may pm me. The issue is that as you have used two years finance up then any new course will rely on the new uni accepting a transfer credit and medical courses arent keen on those. I cant keep trying to guess what the situation is. I am trying to work out what happened and why.
Posted my answer in PM.
If you got BBB at A level in hard subjects you aren't stupid. I think you must have chosen the wrong degree not suited to your strengths unless you just stopped trying.

I'd look at other courses at other universities and apply there.
I got kicked out of uni too by failing and got very good grades at school. I’m not sure what course you did but your grades are pretty good. Try and find a similar course at another uni (you’ll probably have to try one where the places are less competitive) and ask to see if they’ll accept you. UCAS clearing is a good option too. I had a friend who also got kicked out and managed to find a place in ucas clearing. If not then reapply if you really do think uni is the best option for you. That’s what I’m doing and I called around and found some unis willing to accept me
Just a note, they’ll probably need a reference from someone at uni and want a reason as to why you left (some unis don’t need this). Also ask them how long your A levels can be valid for when applying
If you need any more advice or someone to help you with this, just message here and I’ll PM you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest