Does anyone have any recommendations for spf products for oily skin? Watch

pineapplepink
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Because I have been trying a couple recently but they just made me get tonnes of spots which still haven't cleared.:facepalm: And I want to protect my face from the skin but I'm breaking out pretty badly atm.
Hazzabear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you tried any of these? https://www.health.com/skin-conditio...reen-oily-skin
With the flare up of spots, the GP can prescribe creams to help with acne if you haven't got any already. Also, after applying the cream in the daytime, at night wash your face with warm soapy water so the skin has no barriers. And allow the skin to 'breathe'.
(Original post by pineapplepink)
Because I have been trying a couple recently but they just made me get tonnes of spots which still haven't cleared.:facepalm: And I want to protect my face from the skin but I'm breaking out pretty badly atm.
Last edited by Hazzabear; 2 weeks ago
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The r/skincareaddiction subreddit should be able to help you.

I use Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, it is cosmetically elegant, is a chemical and physical sunscreen, and it is photostable. It protects against UVA and UVB too, so it is broad spectrum. It does have alcohol in the ingredients list (i think it is quite high up), so if you're sensitive to alcohols or have dry skin then you might not like it, or you might have to switch up moisturiser.

You should probably also figure out if your skin is dehydrated as well, as that can look like oily skin but not be oily, if you get what I am saying.
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I actually haven't so thanks.
I always wash my face morning and night and I never wear makeup so :dontknow:.
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Have you tried any of these? https://www.health.com/skin-conditio...reen-oily-skin
With the flare up of spots, the GP can prescribe creams to help with acne if you haven't got any already. Also, after applying the cream in the daytime, at night wash your face with warm soapy water so the skin has no barriers. And allow the skin to 'breathe'.
pineapplepink
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you that is really helpful.
(Original post by Pathway)
The r/skincareaddiction subreddit should be able to help you.

I use Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, it is cosmetically elegant, is a chemical and physical sunscreen, and it is photostable. It protects against UVA and UVB too, so it is broad spectrum. It does have alcohol in the ingredients list (i think it is quite high up), so if you're sensitive to alcohols or have dry skin then you might not like it, or you might have to switch up moisturiser.

You should probably also figure out if your skin is dehydrated as well, as that can look like oily skin but not be oily, if you get what I am saying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads