Struggling with module

Watch this thread
ni98m
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys. I’m currently in my final year of university studying accounting and finance. I didn’t do well in one of my modules, specially business taxation so I’m resitting it. I have to work different forms of tax e.g capital gains tax, income tax etc

I’m struggling extremely with this module, I’m finding it so hard and my lecturer refuses to give help. I just don’t understand this module and don’t think i can ever pass it. I’ve done well in all my other modules its just this one. I’m extremely worried that I’m going to fail my university just because of this one module.

I don’t know what to do.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ni98m)
Hey guys. I’m currently in my final year of university studying accounting and finance. I didn’t do well in one of my modules, specially business taxation so I’m resitting it. I have to work different forms of tax e.g capital gains tax, income tax etc

I’m struggling extremely with this module, I’m finding it so hard and my lecturer refuses to give help. I just don’t understand this module and don’t think i can ever pass it. I’ve done well in all my other modules its just this one. I’m extremely worried that I’m going to fail my university just because of this one module.

I don’t know what to do.
Ultimately at university level, your lecturers aren't obligated to give you any special treatment or additional teaching outwith their lectures. You're generally expected to complete self-directed study and work out the answers for yourself.

Some things you could consider are speaking to your personal tutor to see if there are any university services you can access for help, or the student support services at the university.

One of the most helpful things you could do is ask your peers to study with you and help you understand the concepts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (105)
68.63%
No (31)
20.26%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.11%

Watched Threads