The Student Room Group

A/AS Results Day Countdown - get ready - put your lucky socks on and #beresultsproud

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Oh yeah I found that question too hard to think of points for. A01 & A02 was alright but A04 was absolutely awful.
Original post by inspiringcolours
Yep ahaha

I did the one on the impact of science on personal beliefs as I found that question far too ambiguous; I think I was alright on the A03/4 front but I was so stressed in that exam that my AO1 was absolutely awful.
Reply 81
Original post by PQ
Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day).

We'll update this post with pointers to advice and support soon but for now introduce yourselves

Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level?
2. What subjects?
3. How did your exams go?

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
5. Which subject?
6. What grades are required?

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted?
8. How are you feeling about results day?
9. Anything else to add?

FAQs
RESULTS

Spoiler

UCAS

Spoiler

1. IAS (new spec)
2. Physics, chemistry and maths.. only p1 and p2, i'm giving m1 later
3. chemistry... ok but unit 2 was a different pattern with the 6 mark broad question... not my cuppa tea. 😂unit 3 was so far back I can't even remember how it went. unit 1 was the FANTASTIC though!
physics.,....😨😢 I actually don't want to hear my results for physics. it was DREADFUL! especially unit 1. after unit 1 i was actually questioning what the point of giving unit 2 was. unit 2 and 3 were alright though
maths.. overall ok but didn't get time to check😂 skipped the proofs on p2😨
7.predicted all A's😑 at this point for physics i don't think I'll get it (unless the grade boundaries are super low!!!)but for the rest i might stand a chance
8. The DUMBASS suspencce is just killing me!
9. nope!
(edited 4 years ago)
1: AS Level
2: Further Maths

3: To quote a certain TV show "not great, not terrible". I actually don't really know, I thought the first paper was a wreck, but I was pretty happy with my performance on the 2nd. All depends on the boundaries I guess.

7: Not sure, I think it's an A?

8: I'm feeling relieved that I'm not in Year 13. To be honest, I'm still pretty scared for this one.

9: Good luck to all the Yr13s! I hope you get what you want and/or need!
Original post by Lemur14
1. AS or A level?
A level
2. What subjects?
Double maths, computing, EPQ and STEP I
Mostly alright, basically everything is resting on the further maths grade boundaries :lol:

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
Firm: Durham
Insurance: Southampton
5. Which subject?
Maths
6. What grades are required?
A*A*(maths + fm), A in computing
or AAB incl. A in maths + A in EPQ/2 in STEP (I got 60/60 pre-moderation in my EPQ so should be okay there!)

For everyone:
A*A*A (maths, fm, computing)
Ignoring it currently :colondollar: I'm pretty confident on getting my insurance which I'd be really happy with so not too bothered tbh
9. Anything else to add?
If anyone has any threads they want to see on results day, let me know as I'm organising the A levels threads for results day on TSR :gah:

Oooooh, fancy colours! :wink: I agree with you, everything for me depends on grade boundaries, basically anything from a B to an A* is possible for me :facepalm:(although now I say that, watch me get a C!) I'm ignoring results day as well, I'm more worried about making a decision about studying Spanish or Russian at uni, but my actual results aren't bothering me too much....or at least I'm not thinking about it as much as I did for GCSEs!
Probably should not be here as I only took a level Russian and the ocr fsmq this year as I am in year 11, but the Russian exam was good and I think I got an A star an A if the examiner is stingy.
I can imagine A04 would be tough for that; I have one piece I could use for that question! I didn't like your question because it wasn't clear if it meant contrasts between the two novels or contrasts in one compared to contrasts in another, and the comparison and similarities would be difficult too when I like to base my essays on similarities!
Original post by HamzaD
Oh yeah I found that question too hard to think of points for. A01 & A02 was alright but A04 was absolutely awful.
1. A level (ex - hopefully)
2. Maths Geography Comp sci
3. Meh

4. Sheffield then Notts. I'm not sure which one yet
5. mechanical engineering
6. BBB-AAA
7. AAC
8. Shook
9. That is all
This thread has gone buggy for me. I can’t see quote/reply buttons on the last page (hoping this post sorts it)
I'm seeing people in here with A*A*A* targets and i'm jealous 😂😂😂😂😂. I'm terrified because my predicted grades are quite low and I know i've messed up a few exams so I'm just preparing to swallow my pride if things go badly wrong (which I think they will be).
one month!!! :cry2:
1. AS or A level?
AS
2. What subjects?
History, ICT, Media
Suspiciously easy

For everyone:
I can't actually remember
Forgot about it tbh.
9. Anything else to add?

I got accepted back into school and my interview is on August 23
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? Geography, Politics and English Language
3. How did your exams go? :mad:

4. What university is your firm? Queen Mary University London
5. Which subject? BA Geography
6. What grades are required? Unconditional

7. What grades are you predicted? AAB
8. How are you feeling about results day? Worried and angry that I've wasted two years lmao
Original post by CAB18022
I'm seeing people in here with A*A*A* targets and i'm jealous 😂😂😂😂😂. I'm terrified because my predicted grades are quite low and I know i've messed up a few exams so I'm just preparing to swallow my pride if things go badly wrong (which I think they will be).

we are all on the same boat tbh. i'm predicted A*AA but i know i'm not getting anywhere near that lmao
:cry2:
Original post by matthewmattel
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? Geography, Politics and English Language
3. How did your exams go? :mad:

4. What university is your firm? Queen Mary University London
5. Which subject? BA Geography
6. What grades are required? Unconditional

7. What grades are you predicted? AAB
8. How are you feeling about results day? Worried and angry that I've wasted two years lmao

You have your uni place regardless, A levels can be relevant to some grad schemes but otherwise i wouldn't worry about it too much if you've dropped a couple of grades.
My dad is hellbent that I got BBC, I pray to god he is wrong and I got higher
1. AS or A level?
A Level
2. What subjects?
OCR Chemistry A (resit)
Much better than last year but it's super hard to tell - I think I've done enough to get an A* but depends on the boundary tbh

For everyone:
A* - previously achieved a high B having done bio/chem/geog last year having achieved AAB
Nervous but super excited to know if I've got into KCL for Medicine
9. Anything else to add?
As I've already been through the process once for those of you who don't get the grades you want clearing is always a good option and many really good unis drop their grade requirements for courses by at least 2 grades so don't forget that's an option too :smile::smile::smile:
Good luck to everyone!!!!
Original post by The RAR

i m sure you ll prove him wrong
Original post by tomhoney380
1. AS or A level?
A Level
2. What subjects?
OCR Chemistry A (resit)
Much better than last year but it's super hard to tell - I think I've done enough to get an A* but depends on the boundary tbh

For everyone:
A* - previously achieved a high B having done bio/chem/geog last year having achieved AAB
Nervous but super excited to know if I've got into KCL for Medicine
9. Anything else to add?
As I've already been through the process once for those of you who don't get the grades you want clearing is always a good option and many really good unis drop their grade requirements for courses by at least 2 grades so don't forget that's an option too :smile::smile::smile:
Good luck to everyone!!!!

good luck , you're right theres great clearing options out there
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level?
A level :crossedf:
2. What subjects? Chemistry and Spanish ( resits)
3. How did your exams go? Hopefully well! Definitely knew more than last year...

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? Not applied yet
5. Which subject? Vet med
6. What grades are required? AAA (ish)

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? Never really got official predictions, since I was always going to be applying after
8. How are you feeling about results day? A bit nervous, but also ready to just know, there’s not much I can do to prepare until I’ve got these grades sorted :rofl3:
9. Anything else to add? I’m going to be so old by the time I’m in uni lol ( I know there’s loads of people who will be, but you get where I’m coming from)
Reply 98
Original post by The RAR

Lol why does he think anything, he wasn't sitting the damn paper
Original post by Amy.frances
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level?
A level :crossedf:
2. What subjects? Chemistry and Spanish ( resits)
3. How did your exams go? Hopefully well! Definitely knew more than last year...

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? Not applied yet
5. Which subject? Vet med
6. What grades are required? AAA (ish)

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? Never really got official predictions, since I was always going to be applying after
8. How are you feeling about results day? A bit nervous, but also ready to just know, there’s not much I can do to prepare until I’ve got these grades sorted :rofl3:
9. Anything else to add? I’m going to be so old by the time I’m in uni lol ( I know there’s loads of people who will be, but you get where I’m coming from)

good luck, hope you get what you need :smile: 20 isn't too old at all

Quick Reply

Latest