Is this good enough to mention for a Personal Statement?

Watch this thread
username4867806
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am looking to apply for Oxford Biology and o recently did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad and got a bronze. Is this good enough to mention? Should I mention that I was one mark from a silver?
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hola Treetop221,

More than 6,500 students from over 70 countries competed in the IBO! Only around 50% get one of five grades and you got a bronze - well done! For sure, we would mention it.

Brasenose Admissions

(Original post by Treetop321)
I am looking to apply for Oxford Biology and o recently did the Intermediate Biology Olympiad and got a bronze. Is this good enough to mention? Should I mention that I was one mark from a silver?
username4867806
Rep:
(Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
Hola Treetop221,

More than 6,500 students from over 70 countries competed in the IBO! Only around 50% get one of five grades and you got a bronze - well done! For sure, we would mention it.

Brasenose Admissions
Thank you for your help! We weren't told my much about it so I had no idea how good a bronze actually was! I'm glad you were able to clarify it for me 😁
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Treetop321)
As Brasenose College Admissions Team, certainly include that in your personal statement. If you have any further question, do ask on here and someone can help.
username4867806
Rep:
Is it mentioned anywhere what the different "grades" are and what you need to get each of them? I can't find them anywhere.
username4867806
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What did other people on here get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
31.78%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (60)
46.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
20.93%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads