I feel like i've shot myself in the foot. Watch

jayjay1385
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just finished my first of my two years at college. I'm taking a LEVEL 3 Triple diploma in IT (Software engineering and Game development) and I feel like I've shot myself in the foot.

I'd say my most notable hobby is developing applications, I love designing and building them. As I left High School I got relatively strong grades that kept all of my options open, I wanted to move into software engineering so I took a BTEC Extended course in IT which was (and is, even if it isn't at an advanced level) relevant to what I want to do.

I'm expected to get D*D*D* by the end of the second year and I've already obtained D*D* for the 90 credit, however, I feel this isn't relevant as I feel I won't be able enter university with this qualification without mathematics at A-Level, does anyone share the same fear?
Omgjustwork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Isn't the requirement C? I'm unsure..
(Original post by jayjay1385)
Just finished my first of my two years at college. I'm taking a LEVEL 3 Triple diploma in IT (Software engineering and Game development) and I feel like I've shot myself in the foot.

I'd say my most notable hobby is developing applications, I love designing and building them. As I left High School I got relatively strong grades that kept all of my options open, I wanted to move into software engineering so I took a BTEC Extended course in IT which was (and is, even if it isn't at an advanced level) relevant to what I want to do.

I'm expected to get D*D*D* by the end of the second year and I've already obtained D*D* for the 90 credit, however, I feel this isn't relevant as I feel I won't be able enter university with this qualification without mathematics at A-Level, does anyone share the same fear?
jayjay1385
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Omgjustwork)
Isn't the requirement C? I'm unsure..
A-Level Maths? Most universities are asking for Mathematics at an A. I don't understand how this is possible if you can't take another course when taking a triple diploma? Do you take A-Level mathematics after your triple diploma course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (56)
56%
No (44)
44%

Watched Threads