Male friend coming to use our swimming pool

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've got a male friend coming over to use our pool (it's spain and it's hot), and Im feeling awkward about being in a bathing costume in front of him :/
any tips? I'm not attractive, i'm short and podgy.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Are you going to be swimming as well? If you don't like swimming / when you are out of the pool, could you put a sundress or something on over your swimming costume? Alternatively a towel around you if you're wet.

When you're in the pool, it's possible to get special t-shirts made of swimsuit fabric (look for rash vests under wetsuits) which you could use to more completely cover your top half, and for you bottoms, you could actually wear big baggy swimming shirts (look for gender neutral colours in the male section of the store). It'll give a slightly tomboy look but would look good and hopefully make you feel comfortable enough to have a good time.

Best of luck, I hope you enjoy it. Swimming should be fun and if he's respectful, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy it
woof1012
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg, swim dresses! Swim dresses are LIFE. Honestly everyone and anyone looks good in a swim dress.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by woof1012)
Omg, swim dresses! Swim dresses are LIFE. Honestly everyone and anyone looks good in a swim dress.
wtf is that? i only have a swimming costume and i look fat in it lol.
Anonymous #1
i want to say no but i think in this heat the only way to tolerate being outside is if i'm in the water lol.
thanks for the towel tip.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you going to be swimming as well? If you don't like swimming / when you are out of the pool, could you put a sundress or something on over your swimming costume? Alternatively a towel around you if you're wet.

When you're in the pool, it's possible to get special t-shirts made of swimsuit fabric (look for rash vests under wetsuits) which you could use to more completely cover your top half, and for you bottoms, you could actually wear big baggy swimming shirts (look for gender neutral colours in the male section of the store). It'll give a slightly tomboy look but would look good and hopefully make you feel comfortable enough to have a good time.

Best of luck, I hope you enjoy it. Swimming should be fun and if he's respectful, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy it
leopart223
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Imo you shouldn't be so critical of your appearance, and if you guys are completely platonic, he wouldn't give a toss about how you look in a bathing suit anyway. Even in the unlikely case that he does judge, you guys aren't going to not be friends anymore because of that. In the end, we're all human and every one has their insecurities; we're often more lovable because of them. Your perception of yourself will influence your confidence and to some extent how attractive you're perceived by others. So concentrate on aspects that you like about yourself and lift your spirits up! Life is too short to be stuck in your own shell.
Just focus on having a fun day with him! Not much advice, but I hope this helps
woof1012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wtf is that? i only have a swimming costume and i look fat in it lol.
https://www.google.com/search?q=swim...w=1920&bih=937

Do you have amazon prime? You can get one ordered on next day delivery
Anonymous #1
haha no one wears those over here. there are loads of flawless skinny girls with no moles, stretch marks, scars or spots on their skin and they don't need a swimming dress lol.
https://www.google.com/search?q=swim...w=1920&bih=937

Do you have amazon prime? You can get one ordered on next day delivery
woof1012
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're pretty fashionable atm. you can get really nice ones https://www.lookagain.co.uk/products...e=RLJP&entry=3

You can't hide from your body at the end of the day. You have two options! Either love and embrace it, or love and dress it in a way that makes YOU feel comfortable.
haha no one wears those over here. there are loads of flawless skinny girls with no moles, stretch marks, scars or spots on their skin and they don't need a swimming dress lol.
Anonymous #1
They're pretty fashionable atm. you can get really nice ones https://www.lookagain.co.uk/products...e=RLJP&entry=3

You can't hide from your body at the end of the day. You have two options! Either love and embrace it, or love and dress it in a way that makes YOU feel comfortable.
i just wish i was like those girls then i could wear a tiny bikini lol.
oh well.
Anonymous #1
that model is gorgeous. thanks for the link but honestly, i'd look ridiculous in something like that. like a bauble or something lol.

Anonymous #1
the one i have is like this:
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/loran-on...d_8361299.html
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
el te ama
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If he thinks any less of you as a person because you're short and podgy, then he can take a running jump into the deep end of your pool. The problem would be with him, not you.

You shoud never ever feel apologetic for your height. This was determined largely by genetics and to a lesser extent by your overall diet as a child - neither of which were under your control.

Your weight is largely under you control, but that is purely your own business and it does not directly affect anyone else. So you should never feel apologetic to other people for your body shape - as it is no business of anyone else what you do with your body.

Try to look at this visit as a chance to develop your assertiveness. Your ability to be yourself and not give two hoots about what anyone else thinks of you.
Anonymous #1
haha no he doesnt. i have thought i wouldn't mind if something more develops but when i see him it's purely platonic between us.
(Original post by karl pilkington)
el te ama
Anonymous #1
haha thanks. i suffered from malnourishment as a child. he's left now.
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
If he thinks any less of you as a person because you're short and podgy, then he can take a running jump into the deep end of your pool. The problem would be with him, not you.

You shoud never ever feel apologetic for your height. This was determined largely by genetics and to a lesser extent by your overall diet as a child - neither of which were under your control.

Your weight is largely under you control, but that is purely your own business and it does not directly affect anyone else. So you should never feel apologetic to other people for your body shape - as it is no business of anyone else what you do with your body.

Try to look at this visit as a chance to develop your assertiveness. Your ability to be yourself and not give two hoots about what anyone else thinks of you.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If he is critical, then he should not be coming again.
Anonymous #1
he wasn't critical- honestly i dont know why people are jumping on him, when this was always about my own awkwardness and insecurity lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads